Fishing For Some Ideas And Direction

netwise

I am setting up to begin selling some digital advertising and want to use
the Blesta products/order forms to manage the sales, invoicing etc.

What I am lacking is the customers ability to upload their ad image.

I suspect that I need to develop a custom form/process to accomplish this and
that is OK, but I thought I would ask the community to make sure I didn't overlook
the obvious :-)

If developing a custom form is my best option, my next question is: is there an example file or anything
I can look at to see how to create a custom page to house the form, and add it as a link to the client area
when they are logged in? I am far from a programmer, but I have a very capable developer friend and I am
searching for the right information so I can point him in the right direction.

I envision the flow to work like this;

1. Customer purchases an add from a standard order form.
2. I approve the order and they receive a welcome email with directions to log into their account and click on the upload image link (link to custom form page).
3. I get notification that the image has been uploaded and take the necessary steps to activate their ad on my ad server.

I am open to suggestions...

Thank you,

Bob

1. Customer purchases an add from a standard order form.

2. I approve the order and they receive a welcome email with directions to log into their account and click on the upload image link (link to custom form page).

3. I get notification that the image has been uploaded and take the necessary steps to activate their ad on my ad server.

I am open to suggestions...

Thank you,

Bob

Based on this flow, what you're looking for is a custom plugin that allows users with certain services the ability to upload images for those services. Plugin docs here.

Thank you for the reply.

It looks like the right solution, but developing a plugin uis far beyond my capibilities :-)

I will have my developer friend take a look at it and see where it goes.

I can almost see the benefit of a plugin solution but cant quite envision the end result yet ...

Bob