Migrating From Boxbilling To Blesta

BlacklightJDR

Question

Hi All,

I'm looking at switching from BoxBilling to Blesta, mainly because of the un-usable support for payment gateways on boxbilling. Anyways, I already have accounts created through WHM with their own cPanel's, and I was wondering if someone could advice me on how easy/difficult it is to manually migrate from boxbilling over to blesta. I currently have about 10 signed up, so its not a huge deal to do it manually, I just want to know

a ) How hard is it

b ) The steps to do so to sync up the accounts with WHM without getting provisioning errors that accounts have already been created.

Cheers,

Sincerely,

Jamieson

4 answers to this question

Hello, welcome to the community, there's no importer yet from BoxBilling and I tried but the tables are all over the place so gave up. As you've got ten customers it should be a blast to move over as it's just simple.

1) set up the modules needed, make the packages, and assign them groups.

2) create customers and then add the service (Untick use module)

3) change the renewal date (on the server click: Manage > renewal date)

4) set up the order forms

5) set up the crons and other bits you need on Blesta and you should be ready to go live.

For step 2 that you have listed there, i'm rather confused based on what I can see on the demo from blest.com. I went into the area to add a service, but I can't see anything that says "Use module". Is this because of the way the demo is setup to prevent people actually provisioning? As in, will on a normal setup, I see an option that says  "Use Module".

For step 2 that you have listed there, i'm rather confused based on what I can see on the demo from blest.com. I went into the area to add a service, but I can't see anything that says "Use module". Is this because of the way the demo is setup to prevent people actually provisioning? As in, will on a normal setup, I see an option that says  "Use Module".

You can try Blesta on your own server to try it, you could set it up and then buy a license key and update your installation.