Custom Themeing, Not Me Friendly

Bit Bayou

Question

I have decided to take part in this theme contest. I am using my Chromebook:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS i686 5712.61.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.116 Safari/537.36

When creating a new theme, it's more of a copy/paste process instead of actually sliding that thing all around.

That said, the text box color doesn't change unless the colorpicker is used. The default text box background is white and text color is white. I can't see what I'm typing. Kind of annoying.

Then as I edit a hex value (using the keyboard not the colorpicker), I have to deselect the text field and select it again for the colorpicker thing to update to the new color... but the text box itself still has the old color.

To deselect a text box and make the colorpicker disappear, I usually click in the blank area to the right of the boxes, but that apparently is still part of the li/label/field combo. I deselect the box I wanted, but then end up opening the colorpicker on another box unintentionally. Then my OCD kicks in and I start clicking allllllllll over until I can get this darn thing closed!! XD

I'd love a toggle option for the colorpicker, so I can just disable it all together if I want.

Would also love the box color to update on keypress too, not just clicking!

I like the overall idea and process, this current colorpicker setup is just not working with me!

9 answers to this question

I have decided to take part in this theme contest. I am using my Chromebook:

When creating a new theme, it's more of a copy/paste process instead of actually sliding that thing all around.

That said, the text box color doesn't change unless the colorpicker is used. The default text box background is white and text color is white. I can't see what I'm typing. Kind of annoying.

Then as I edit a hex value (using the keyboard not the colorpicker), I have to deselect the text field and select it again for the colorpicker thing to update to the new color... but the text box itself still has the old color.

To deselect a text box and make the colorpicker disappear, I usually click in the blank area to the right of the boxes, but that apparently is still part of the li/label/field combo. I deselect the box I wanted, but then end up opening the colorpicker on another box unintentionally. Then my OCD kicks in and I start clicking allllllllll over until I can get this darn thing closed!! XD

I'd love a toggle option for the colorpicker, so I can just disable it all together if I want.

Would also love the box color to update on keypress too, not just clicking!

I like the overall idea and process, this current colorpicker setup is just not working with me!

Yeah that happens but that's why I put everything in and click save. it shows up then :) I would say this is a good feature request if you opened one mate.

that's why I put everything in and click save. it shows up then :)

yeah.. I'd enter or change one number, click save, get the error message saying the form was not completed, then repeat. I mean, I was getting around it... Just annoying to do each time

yeah.. I'd enter or change one number, click save, get the error message saying the form was not completed, then repeat. I mean, I was getting around it... Just annoying to do each time

Haha just like me, I do agree it would be nicer if it did but that's what the colour changer is for I suppose so we use that :D but you never know :)

Am I misunderstanding something?  If you open the color picker and edit the hex value it changes the color as you're typing it.

http://screencast.com/t/bz8e505Zk74

Or are you trying to avoid the color picker all together?

He's typing in the colour or copying and pasting in the text box itself not using the colour picker.

Am I misunderstanding something?  If you open the color picker and edit the hex value it changes the color as you're typing it.

http://screencast.com/t/bz8e505Zk74

Or are you trying to avoid the color picker all together?

1) I didn't know you could edit the vales in the little box inside of the colorpicker because I really just ignoring it since it was being so obtrusive.

2) You are clicking off to the right of the box to close it, like I do, but that's when it opens the colorpicker for the value on the same row that I clicked... <-- this is the part I found most annoying. I'll see if I can screencast it for you later, but I honestly think it's just an issue with my current version of Chrome, and not necessarily something wrong with anything...

All of that said, I'd still like the ability to turn the color picker off all together if desired AND the ability to change the value in the textbox (not the colorpicker) and have the color updated--- which is possible using the default colorpicker solution (I do see Blesta made a custom function along the way..), but something along these lines according to the docs:

$(document).ready(function() {
    // Set the color picker for each color field
	$('li.colors input.color_well').each(function() {
	    $(this).blestaColorPicker().bind('keyup', function(){
                $(this).ColorPickerSetColor(this.value);
            });
	});
});

Which would bind the keyup for each box to update the colorpicker (as desired here)