How To Show Vps Ip On Solusvm Control Panel?

dccfoux

Question

So I'm using blesta with SolusVM, and so far the integration has been better than any other billing software I've used. However, the IP of the VPS is not shown anywhere! I even tried adding it to the email you get after purchasing and still no luck.

Is there a workaround for displaying the IP on the VPS control module?

Also, is there a way to stop Blesta from forcing the hostname to use a .com/.net/etc, ending to the hostname?

3 answers to this question

The IP address should be shown in the Welcome Email when using the {service.solusvm_main_ip_address} tag. Here's a list of all available tags.

In Blesta, you can view this IP address as a client, or an admin, from the client dashboard page, under the list of services. Click the table row for that service and the Primary IP will be shown. Is this what you're looking for?

The IP address should be shown in the Welcome Email when using the {service.solusvm_main_ip_address} tag. Here's a list of all available tags.

In Blesta, you can view this IP address as a client, or an admin, from the client dashboard page, under the list of services. Click the table row for that service and the Primary IP will be shown. Is this what you're looking for?

I'm not even getting the Welcome Email, only the New Service Activated email, but that may be due to the fact that I am manually activating the service since a 100% coupon still forces you to use a payment gateway.

The IP is shown there, however I feel like that is much too hidden for the average user to be able to easily find. Shouldn't it also go under the service information area?

Also, anything on not forcing a .com/etc. ending for hostnames?

You may want to check the client's Mail Log (under Actions), to see if the email was sent. It may have been sent, but just ended up in your spam folder. Also, when adding the service, make sure it's checked to send the order confirmation email.

Currently, the service information page does not show fields available from the module. That may be a good feature request, although someone may have already created a feature request for it. Important module-related service information, like the IP address, or login credentials, are usually shown when clicking on the service row. In fact, many tables in Blesta act this way.

Also, anything on not forcing a .com/etc. ending for hostnames?

What do you mean by not forcing the use of the hostname TLD? Blesta and the SolusVM API always use the hostname together with the associated TLD.

If you're looking to trim the TLD off of the hostname in the email template, that wouldn't be possible. There is no filter for truncating content that would accomplish that.