Plesk - Package Plan Ids And Server Groups

ctalkington

I was playing around with a few ways of configuring Plesk in Blesta. I noticed that the component allows for groups but requires plan IDs to be the same on all the servers in the group which is restrictive. specially when servers can be deployed by different technicians and at varying times. this means groups wont work unless you've:

a ) added all the plans in same order on servers (and nothing more)

b ) manually adjusted all the ids in the database (without upsetting plesk in the process)

I think I better understand your description now. When configuring a Plesk package in Blesta, selecting to use a Server Group rather than a specific Server will load plans for one of the servers in the group--probably the first. It will not load plans from all servers in the group, then combine them into a single list. Doing so would require the module to determine the corresponding server from the plan later on, when services are created, updated, etc., since the correct server would be dependent on package settings specific to the module.

I'm not sure supporting that behavior would be ideal. Selecting a specific Server rather than the group, or not grouping those servers together may be a better alternative.

I'll move this to the feature request forum.

CORE-1408 is unrelated to this issue.

I'm not that familiar with the Plesk plan configurations, but it does sound like a pain if you need to manually reconfigure the plesk IDs to match everything up. If that's the case, then perhaps grouping the servers should not be supported by the module to avoid the case you describe here. But I'd like to hear other Plesk user opinions before moving forward with it.