Taxes: Vat Inclusive/exclusive

shimas

Question

Hi All,

according to new EU VAT regulations there is a need to apply different VAT's based on the customer location. I have tried to setup TAX rules in Blesta but it seems that inclusive type doesnt work as expected. 

Current situation:

1. I have setup different VATs for the EU countries. 

2. Lets say product which initial price is €9.

When customer (based in Germany) buy this product at the checkout he gets total 10.71 (initial product price + Germany VAT(19%)). Same happens for the users in different EU countries and at check out they are getting initial price + different VAT. 

I expect that inclusive type should keep total price at the checkout as it is defined in the product. 

Is there any chance to do this?

2 answers to this question

Was already a problem before the new regulations.

You need to advertise pricing inclusive all taxes when selling to consumers, but Blesta currently does not allow you to.

Even if you only sell to one country with a single VAT percentage, you get rounding errors when selling more than one item.

Existing thread: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1900-inclusive-tax-needs-to-display-full-price-in-order-form/

Yes, pricing is advertised inclusive with all taxes, but customers are from different countries so VAT varies and while inclusive taxes not working in Blesta it's to difficult to manage it. 

Looks like that this should be solved in Blesta 3.5.0 version, but I would say that this issue needs to be one of the TOP prorities for Blesta developers.