Pseudo Contact Acl

Jonathan

It would be great if it were possible to create a pseudo-ACL which could be used for either manual billing, or by another system reading data from Blesta which is what I need it for.

It would be much cleaner than making a dummy-plugin just to get an ACL to work with and I'd think it'd be rather easy to implement.

EDIT: I'm referring to the new contact login ACLs by the way.

Permissions are so dependent on the system using them, and since Blesta's API is so extensive, it would be cumbersom, both from a UI perspective, and from an implementation perspective to add permissions for all supported actions.

You're best bet is a plugin. It gives you the control and isolation to ensure permissions are enforced as your business requirements dictate, and it doesn't requiring evaluating thousands of individual permission options to setup. Not only that, but Blesta's API is an every evoling thing. So it really isn't a good idea to allow third parties to use it directly.

We use the plugin option for controlling access with our own internal and external integrations, and we really wouldn't want it any other way.

I'm not saying add any ACLs for actions.  I'm saying add the ability to make a name-only permission that can be assigned.  Lets say I wanted to make one titled "Ticket Support" for use by another system.  All it'd be is the ability to add a permission that says that which could then be assigned on contacts.  This info would be stored on the database and could be queries directly or via the API, but it's nothing more than the storage of the permission setting.  It wouldn't actually do anything.