Addservice: How To Retrieve Service Fields

sktan

Hey, I'm creating a module, and ran into a problem when attempting to provision a service.

Heres my current 'addService' code.

public function addService($package, array $vars=null, $parent_package=null, $parent_service=null, $status="pending") {
		$params = $this->getFieldsFromInput((array)$vars, $package);
                // logging functions here
		return array(
			array(
				'key' => 'gsp_game_id',
				'value' => $params['game_id'],
				'encrypted' => 0,
			),
			array(
				'key' => 'gsp_machine_location',
				'value' => $params['machine_location'],
				'encrypted' => 0,
			),
			array(
				'key' => 'gsp_server_name',
				'value' => $params['server_name'],
				'encrypted' => 0,
			),
			array(
				'key' => 'gsp_rcon_password',
				'value' => $params['rcon_password'],
				'encrypted' => 0,
			),
			array(
				'key' => 'gsp_slots',
				'value' => $params['slots'],
				'encrypted' => 0,
			),
			array(
				'key' => 'gsp_extra_slots',
				'value' => $params['extra_slots'],
				'encrypted' => 0,
			),
		);
	}

The service fields get stored on my DB when the client orders the package and the status is 'pending', but when I activate the product the values that's been saved as a service field isn't passed onto the $vars variable which then over-writes the data as null.

Is there any way to grab the service fields from the DB once the package is active? or am I doing something horribly wrong.

What's contained in $vars and how does ::getFieldsFromInput modify the data?

Fetching the service fields from the database is not necessary, and in some cases may be incorrect anyway. You should check both for the service field in $vars and the package meta fields to determine which value to use.

What's contained in $vars and how does ::getFieldsFromInput modify the data?

Fetching the service fields from the database is not necessary, and in some cases may be incorrect anyway. You should check both for the service field in $vars and the package meta fields to determine which value to use.

At the moment, the "getFieldsFromInput" function looks like this.

private function getFieldsFromInput($vars, $package) {
		$fields = array(
			'game_id' => $package->meta->game_id,
			'server_name' => isset($vars['gsp_server_name']) ? $vars['gsp_server_name'] : null,
			'rcon_password' => isset($vars['gsp_rcon_password']) ? $vars['gsp_rcon_password'] : null,
			'machine_location' => isset($vars['gsp_machine_location']) ? $vars['gsp_machine_location'] : null,
			'extra_slots' => isset($vars['configoptions']['ExtraSlots']) ? $vars['configoptions']['ExtraSlots'] : 0,
			'slots' => isset($package->meta->default_slots) ? $package->meta->default_slots : null,
		);

if(isset($vars['configoptions']['slots']))
		{
			$fields['slots'] = $vars['configoptions']['slots'];
		}
		if(isset($vars['configoptions']['dedicated']))
		{
			$fields['dedicated'] = $vars['configoptions']['dedicated'];
		}

return $fields;
	}

And the logs from the function params have been attached as a .txt file.

addService.txt

Are you trying to activate the pending service as an admin from the Manage Service page? If so, are the fields (e.g. game ID, machine location, etc.) shown on this page? If not, that would be why they are missing from $vars. Your module should define these fields in its ::getAdminAddFields method so that a service can be added/activated manually by an admin.

Are you trying to activate the pending service as an admin from the Manage Service page? If so, are the fields (e.g. game ID, machine location, etc.) shown on this page? If not, that would be why they are missing from $vars. Your module should define these fields in its ::getAdminAddFields method so that a service can be added/activated manually by an admin.

That would actually make loads of sense.

That has definitely solved my problem (thought it would retrieve the fields automatically)

Thanks alot!