Stripe Plus Gateway

Cherry

6 minutes ago, blazedd said:

@viablethought So, that's 100% what caused the desync for your users. One of the "problems" with a plugin system for any modular system like Blesta, Wordpress, etc is that there has to be a cleanup function which is run on uninstall. This prevents plugins from modifying your database permanently, even after you uninstall the plugin (long term or short term). In our system if it's the last company on your blesta install to have had the gateway: it will delete the database where its stores the stripe customer connections.

Totally makes sense, but like I said I didn't see anything within the panel where I could update the gateway, then when I saw @Cherry's link to the repo, I just assumed that was the process for updating this particular plugin.

With that being said, what is the intended workflow for getting this updated the next time around so I don't do what I did last time? I appreciate the insight @blazedd

On 08/09/2016 at 5:36 PM, Paul said:

A customer reports that the Invoice ID, rather than the Invoice Number is passed along to Stripe. This number is then included on client's credit card statements. It's possible that this issue exists in the official Stripe gateway as well, but I thought I would mention it here in case @Cherry doesn't mind taking a peek. :blesta:

@Paul Thanks for the information. It appears as if `invoiceArrayToAmounts` method within gateway_payments (which is eventually passed down to our gateway) only ever returns the raw `invoice_id` and `amount`, which is all we used. I suppose we could lookup every invoice and get the invoice number instead, but that wouldn't solve the issue from appearing in any other gateways that expose this information to the client, such as via the PayPal form (albeit a little more difficult to find).

We'll push an update shortly to remove the invoice ID from statement descriptors for now until we've investigated a little further. Thanks! :blesta:

@viablethought I'm happy to have helped. I'm still a little concerned about the messages you received before, but I'm glad to understood how the payment accounts got de-synced. More than likely it sounds like you have an install with a lot more mileage and the auto-recover function to find their stripe id couldn't find the correct Stripe Customer ID to use.

To upgrade you first need to overwrite the files, while the gateway is still installed. After the files have been overwritten you can finish it up by visiting the Gateways page and clicking the Upgrade button. Voila, you're done!

zwNPRNu.png

6 minutes ago, blazedd said:

@viablethought I'm happy to have helped. I'm still a little concerned about the messages you received before, but I'm glad to understood how the payment accounts got de-synced. More than likely it sounds like you have an install with a lot more mileage and the auto-recover function to find their stripe id couldn't find the correct Stripe Customer ID to use.

To upgrade you first need to overwrite the files, while the gateway is still installed. After the files have been overwritten you can finish it up by visiting the Gateways page and clicking the Upgrade button. Voila, you're done!

zwNPRNu.png

Ok, well that explains why I never even seen the "Upgrade" button... thanks again for the help! I will report back if I have any further issues.

11 minutes ago, Cherry said:

We've pushed 1.0.4 to GitHub, which upgrades the PHP Stripe SDK, and removes invoice IDs from statement descriptors for now. https://github.com/nodecraft/stripe_plus_gateway/releases

We'll look into including the invoice number on statements instead in a future release.

Thanks @Cherry! My other question in regard about statement descriptors, is there any way to add an additional field to allow for the company name in addition to the Invoice Number, or even just set the company by itself? I know in the Stripe Dashboard it allows for you to set that but apparently it is being ignored on statements and has just been using the Invoice ID's. I had a customer complain that when they got their statement, all that showed for the charge what the InvoiceID and didn't know who the charge was actually from. When I contacted Stripe about it they had this response:

It looks like the statement descriptor we have for you is your business name at this time, but is limited to twenty-two characters. The information involving just your invoice number that Stripe gets is the description of the charges, and you could consider adding your company name and phone number to that as well. When it comes to what a bank will use for your customer's statement descriptor is up to them; Stripe is required to send a package of information to the customer's bank when we charge them, this includes but no limited too, your company information, Stripe's company information, and of course your statement descriptor. Here is a link about this situation with statement descriptors:

https://support.stripe.com/questions/when-i-charge-a-customer-what-will-they-see-on-their-card-statements

Your receipts from Stripe to your customer's email seem to have full contact information you were wanting to add. I'd recommend letting your customers know they are getting a receipt in their email, this way if they see the charge on their bank statement, they can check the amount off the receipt you've sent.

It would be nice to have show up on the statement: COMPANYNAME 8882345454

Thanks

This is something we did explore when developing this addon, but came to the conclusion that as Stripe sends this information along to the bank, it's really down to each individual bank if they choose to use it. From our experience, most european banks will display the company name, phone number, URL, and statement description, but this is a lot more rare to see in the US.

It's something we'll definitely consider in a future iteration of the gateway, but have no plans currently. We're always happy to resolve and fix any bugs, but our time is pretty limited when it comes to feature requests, especially those beyond our use case, sorry! Let us know if there's anything else we can assist with, and thanks for using the gateway! :)

6 minutes ago, Cherry said:

This is something we did explore when developing this addon, but came to the conclusion that as Stripe sends this information along to the bank, it's really down to each individual bank if they choose to use it. From our experience, most european banks will display the company name, phone number, URL, and statement description, but this is a lot more rare to see in the US.

It's something we'll definitely consider in a future iteration of the gateway, but have no plans currently. We're always happy to resolve and fix any bugs, but our time is pretty limited when it comes to feature requests, especially those beyond our use case, sorry! Let us know if there's anything else we can assist with, and thanks for using the gateway! :)

Thanks @Cherry, much appreciated for even taking the time to scope the InvoiceID.

11 minutes ago, Cherry said:

Thanks! I see you forked the repo but didn't actually submit the pull request yet. Feel free to do that and we'll review / merge it tomorrow! :)

Really, i think i have sent a pull request .... it was so late so maybe i was dreaming last night :) , but i'm sure i have made changes , where i can found it, because i have not saved in my pc .

@blazedd & @Cherry -

I have updated to the latest release (as instructed) and I am experiencing issues. First issue I encountered was that I created an invoice for myself for $1.00 and that was sent to my personal email account. From there, I clicked on the "Pay Now" link from within the email and selected my contact information, and proceeded to enter my debit card information and clicked submit. This is what it spit back at me:

The gateway does not support payments in this manner.

I did this in order to test the gateway because I had another client email saying they weren't able to make a payment even after removing their account information and trying again.

Also, I attempted to record payments from the administration panel and both the client and myself and said they were successful, however I checked my Stripe Dashboard and found that they were not recorded at all!! I then logged into my personal dummy account and removed whatever CC info I had there and re-entered my debit card info. I went through the process to pay for the invoice but this time it was successful. I got both the receipt email from the system & Stripe.

I really don't understand why I am having so many issues capturing payments at this point. My clients are growing very frustrated with the process. Please help!

Edited by viablethought
Troubleshooting

On 26/09/2016 at 2:03 AM, viablethought said:

@blazedd & @Cherry -

I have updated to the latest release (as instructed) and I am experiencing issues. First issue I encountered was that I created an invoice for myself for $1.00 and that was sent to my personal email account. From there, I clicked on the "Pay Now" link from within the email and selected my contact information, and proceeded to enter my debit card information and clicked submit. This is what it spit back at me:

I did this in order to test the gateway because I had another client email saying they weren't able to make a payment even after removing their account information and trying again.

Also, I attempted to record payments from the administration panel and both the client and myself and said they were successful, however I checked my Stripe Dashboard and found that they were not recorded at all!! I then logged into my personal dummy account and removed whatever CC info I had there and re-entered my debit card info. I went through the process to pay for the invoice but this time it was successful. I got both the receipt email from the system & Stripe.

I really don't understand why I am having so many issues capturing payments at this point. My clients are growing very frustrated with the process. Please help!

Hi there, sorry for the delayed response.

We've tried to replicate your scenario multiple times, but are finding it really difficult to see what you're seeing. We are using test Stripe credentials, and have tested every card at https://stripe.com/docs/testing, which are all returning the expected success, or error codes, with the data being saved as expected. We're honestly not entirely sure what could be causing your issues currently, but suspect that the old data, and mismatch you have now between Blesta and Stripe (after the upgrade process) is the primary cause. 

Until we're able to replicate the issue that you're seeing, you may want to opt to switch back to the official Stripe gateway as provided by the Blesta team, sorry!

2 hours ago, Cherry said:

Hi there, sorry for the delayed response.

We've tried to replicate your scenario multiple times, but are finding it really difficult to see what you're seeing. We are using test Stripe credentials, and have tested every card at https://stripe.com/docs/testing, which are all returning the expected success, or error codes, with the data being saved as expected. We're honestly not entirely sure what could be causing your issues currently, but suspect that the old data, and mismatch you have now between Blesta and Stripe (after the upgrade process) is the primary cause. 

Until we're able to replicate the issue that you're seeing, you may want to opt to switch back to the official Stripe gateway as provided by the Blesta team, sorry!

@Cherry -

Thanks for responding, I have had successful payments go through over the last week so I am not sure if it was a fluke, cache, or what... I will continue to monitor this as time goes on and will probably test the email link (Pay Now) again sometime this week with my personal testing account and see if it goes through and will post back. Thanks for looking into it, much appreciated!

20 minutes ago, Kurogane said:

That error is because they limited your account.

@Kurogane - can you be more specific? What was limited?

Check the log if you have 400 error in your dashboard and you will see the limitation error.

If you not have it, for some reason this module not give error to pass to your  stripe account, what you need to do is use built stripe module and test again and you will see the logs in your account.

If you still not see with official module then i not know but with official module you have more debug to diagnose your problem

On 9/25/2016 at 1:31 PM, evolvewh said:

Do you have any plans to support Apple Pay?

We would LOVE to support Apple Pay with Blesta, but they don't have good support for mixing both Merchant and non-merchant payments. Additionally non-merchant payments are currently required to have a payment notification. Our only option is to require a plugin to be used in addition to the module and that's really not good practice :/

9 hours ago, blazedd said:

We would LOVE to support Apple Pay with Blesta, but they don't have good support for mixing both Merchant and non-merchant payments. Additionally non-merchant payments are currently required to have a payment notification. Our only option is to require a plugin to be used in addition to the module and that's really not good practice :/

Completely understandable and I appreciate the explanation as well. Hopefully it can somehow work out between Stripe / Blesta in the future.

• 1 year later...

@bdacus01 According to https://stripe.com/docs/security, all you need to really do is use TLS on your origin (https), and only store the card data on Stripe's end. As Blesta only ever stores the last 4 digits when using this module, you should be safe. Our Stripe account is 6+ years old, so we didn't have any additional questionnaires to fill out when we started using this. Could you perhaps send me a copy / screenshot of the questionnaire? 

We actually take a step further in our private implementation, and generate card tokens using stripe.js on our website, and only ever pass these to Blesta, so never transmitting card details to our server. This requires direct edits to Blesta though, which is why it is not a part of this module.