Client "my Information" Php Question

CraigA

Hey devs,

First, I'd like to apologize as this may seem trivial to a lot of you.  I would list to customize some of the information the client sees when they log in and see the "My Information" area.  I'm editing the "client_main_myinfo.pdt" at the moment.

What I would like to do is output one of my custom client fields.  Viewing the database, the client_field_id for this is 5

I was wondering what the direct query would be for this?

I've tried $this->Html->ifSet($custom_fields); but I'm sure I'm underthinking this and not referencing what I should be.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Craig

The $custom_fields variable, assuming it exists in that template, is likely an array of custom fields. If you want to view the contents, view the array:

print_r($custom_fields);

Then use that information to determine what fields to display.

But I have a feeling that custom fields aren't available to that template. And if not, you'll need to fetch them from the database by updating the controller ClientMain::setMyInfo(). If you're familiar with php, it should be fairly straight-forward.

To fetch client fields, you can invoke Clients::getCustomFields() through the client_main controller:

<?php
$custom_fields = $this->Clients->getCustomFields($this->client->company_id, $this->client->client_group_id, array('show_client' => 1));
?>

If you want the custom field values for the particular client, invoke Clients::getCustomFieldValues():

<?php
$field_values = $this->Clients->getCustomFieldValues($this->client->id);
?>

You can also view more about these methods in the source docs.