Implement Trial Period

aneip

Question

Hi,

I very new to blesta.. Trying to setup a recurring product with quarterly and yearly price.. But I also want to introduce a trial period. How can I do this? Let's said I want to give 1st month free or as a trial. If the customer don't cancel than blesta will generate the invoice for the 1st quarter or year invoice.. Either prorate value or extend period should be fine.. 

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I very new to blesta.. Trying to setup a recurring product with quarterly and yearly price.. But I also want to introduce a trial period. How can I do this? Let's said I want to give 1st month free or as a trial. If the customer don't cancel than blesta will generate the invoice for the 1st quarter or year invoice.. Either prorate value or extend period should be fine.. 

Not yet, however prorota values in 3.3. This would be a good feature request to offer a free trial.

Hi,

Hello,

Why dont you create a new "Package" called for exemple "Trial Package" and then on "Princing", set the term 1 Month, on price leave it 0.00, and then check the option "Cancel at end of term".

Finally on the "Welcome Email" just put a message, for exemple:

Dear {client.first_name} {client.last_name},

You have subcrived to a Trial Package. 

If you whant to continue using the service, after the 30 days trial period, please contact us before the expiring date to upgrade to one of our packages.

If you fail to contact us to upgrade your Package, the service will auto terminate in 30 days.

Regards,
Hosting Buisness

Then if your client contact you, just edit the Client service to outher Paid Package :)

I hope, for now it helps you :)

Hello,

Why dont you create a new "Package" called for exemple "Trial Package" and then on "Princing", set the term 1 Month, on price leave it 0.00, and then check the option "Cancel at end of term".

Finally on the "Welcome Email" just put a message, for exemple:

Then if your client contact you, just edit the Client service to outher Paid Package :)

I hope, for now it helps you :)

Thinking of that also.. But there will be a manual process to change the package.. Also we need to find out which package gonna hit end of trial to contact them for confirmation. For starter I think this should be ok..

Another one, I think to extend the trial period to 3 months and give coupon to zeroize  the 1st payment. Can coupon works?

Thinking of that also.. But there will be a manual process to change the package.. Also we need to find out which package gonna hit end of trial to contact them for confirmation. For starter I think this should be ok..

Another one, I think to extend the trial period to 3 months and give coupon to zeroize  the 1st payment. Can coupon works?

In 3.x something the client can upgrade their packages themselves. so that will help you.