Can't Create Package: Invalid Module Given

clse945111

Question

Hello.

I'm new to Blesta, and I'm trying to create a package.

Seeing as that the error shows "Invalid module given" when I click on create package, I went back to the page and see if I forgot to choose a Module.

The funny thing here is that there's no module to choose from when I click on the select Module dropdown menu, there's only the "please select" option.

I also went into the Module section in Settings to see if I could do anything there, but it just shows "There are no installed modules."

Had a look at the manual, it says "By default Module Options does not appear, but may appear when a module is selected within the Basic section. This section can vary greatly, because the module will prompt for additional information if it requires it." To be honest I have no idea what it's talking about.

Am I missing something here? Some help would be really appriciated.

Regards

2 answers to this question

In order to create a package, you need to assign it to a module. You went to [settings] -> [Modules] and found there were no modules installed, however, if you go to [settings] -> [Modules] -> [Available], you will see a list of all available modules that you can install. If you're not selling a service specific to any of the modules, then you'll want to install and use the generic "Universal Module" from that list. That module lets you create products and module options yourself.

I described how to go through the process of creating a package for someone else in another thread here, and how to create a Universal Module product here. You can also take a look at the Universal Module documentation for more info.