Braintree Payment Gateway - Multi Currency/merchant Accounts

WebhostingNZ.com

Hey,

Braintree Payment Gateway version 1.0.1.  (Also affects 3rd Party Braintree version 1.0).

Currently the 'merchantAccountId' is not being passed to 'Braintree_Transaction::sale' (or even saved anywhere) so will only charge in the default currency set in braintree.

https://developers.braintreepayments.com/reference/response/transaction/php#merchant_account_id

I personally use the 3rd party module so have made the changes myself for it to work, if anyone needs help with getting it to work before a fix is in place just send me a message.

The "merchantAccountId" is the Mercant ID you have set for the gateway in Blesta, correct? This is necessary to make the payment over the API. I imagine they would already know this information, so I'm curious why it would need to be given again. In any case, that could be added. Although, I'd prefer to see API support for a 'currency' field we can set ourselves.

Hi Tyson,

The merchantAccountId is not the same as the API Merchant ID which you use to connect to Braintree.
As mentioned in the above link "Each merchant account can only process transactions for a single currency."

To set the merchantaccountID when processing:

To process in a different currency in Braintree you use a different Merchant Account ID. Until I made the changes and started to pass different MerchantAccountId's everything was settling in GBP.  Below is from our Braintree account, as you can see each merchant ID is for a different currency

BTMerchantAccoutId.JPG

Thanks.

• 11 months later...

Hi Guys,

EDIT: I see CORE-1812 addresses the offsite storage, can we still get a core for the merchant account ID please?

Is the Braintree module going to be updated with Token storage and ability to use different merchant account ID's so you can charge in something other than the default currency?.

Thanks,
Daniel.