Blesta 5.8 is now available! We added the option to include a free domain with qualifying hosting plan. We added a new Managed Accounts feature allows clients to invite other clients to manage their account with permissions. A new PayPal Checkout payment gateway was added, and we updated the importer to allow imports via CLI to avoid timeouts, and more!Download 5.8
If upgrading from a release prior to 5.0, please review the version 5.0 announcement prior to upgrading. 5.0 was a major release and increased system requirements. ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FILES + DATABASE PRIOR TO UPGRADING.
What’s new in 5.8?
- Added a Managed Accounts feature. Clients can invite other clients to manage their account.
- Added an option to offer a free domain with qualifying hosting package.
- Added a 1 minute interval to some automation tasks, including Process Service Changes, Process Renewals, Provision Paid Pending Services, and Unsuspend Services.
- Added an option to Packages to allow clients to select module group during checkout (Useful for location).
- Added an option to Custom Client Fields to include a link within the field name.
- Added a new PayPal Checkout non-merchant gateway.
- Added an option to preview client themes and templates by appending ?bltheme=THEME-ID, and/or ?bltemplate=TEMPLATENAME to the URL.
- Added a read-only option to Required Client Fields to prevent clients from changing those fields later.
- Updated the affiliate system to allow hidden packages (domain names) to be excluded from commissions.
- Updated the order system to observe custom order links when using the Domain and Other Order type.
- Updated the order system to reduce the number of steps during checkout when using only 1 non-merchant gateway.
- Updated the import manager to allow importing via CLI, improving reliability of large data sets.
- Updated the Two-Factor Authentication page for clients to show both Hex and Base32 keys in addition to the QR code.
- Updated the PHPIDS plugin to make it compatible with PHP 8.
- Reminder: If you are a developer, we recommend updating your extensions to support PHP 8 if they don’t already. PHP 7.4 has been EOL since November 28th!
A big shout out to the following companies for sponsoring development for one or more items in this release.
Sponsored development is a good way to support Blesta and get a shout out for your company! Interested? Reach out and say hello.