Blesta 5.0 is now available! This major release includes upgrades to Bootstrap, jQuery, Font Awesome, and many other libraries, and significantly increases the system requirements. Also included is a new navigation editor, logo uploader, VAT VIES integration, system wide support for emoji’s, improved staff area for mobile devices, and much more. This release paves the way for the next generation of updates.Download 5.0
Version 5 is a major release. Check the system requirements before upgrading. If you are using any 3rd party extensions, check that they are compatible with v5 before upgrading. The upgrade process may take several minutes or more, please be patient. If you have SSH access, upgrade via CLI if possible. If upgrading via your browser, you may wish to extend your web server timeout to give the upgrade enough time to complete. BACKUP YOUR FILES + DATABASE PRIOR TO UPGRADING.
What’s new in 5.0?
- Bootstrap v4, jQuery 3.5, Font Awesome 5, and updates to many other libraries.
- Blesta now requires PHP 7.2+ (7.2 or 7.3 recommended), and MySQL 5.6.0 or MariaDB 10.0.5+.
- The staff area is now responsive for better support on mobile devices.
- Added a new Navigation Editor. The staff, client, and public navigation menus are fully editable.
- Added a new Logo Uploader. Replacing the logo in the staff and client areas is super simple.
- Added support for VAT verification through the EU VIES system.
- Added emoji support system-wide, updating the database collation from utf8 to utf8mb4.
- Table rows that can be expanded now include an expand icon in the client and staff interfaces.
- Session names can now be defined in the config file, useful for several installs on the same domain.
- Order Received email templates now include tags for all address fields.
- File based monologs generated by the cron are now named differently to avoid permissions issues.
- Ticket searches now include all ticket replies and notes.
- Order forms can now be sorted on the order form listing page.
- Updated the PostalMethods integration to use their new API for postal delivery of invoices.
- Added the noVNC console to SolusVM.
If you are a developer, you should review the version 5 Migration Guide and update your extensions if necessary.
Sponsored development is a good way to support Blesta and get a shout out for your company! Interested? Reach out and say hello.