Open Many Accounts With Same Email

m0hamedessam

hello we complain before on old version about this issue and first release on blesta v3.0 was ok and you can't register with same email address many times. But not after upgrade to 3.0 to 3.0.3 now any client can have more than one account with same email and this makes many problems (rest password and sending emails) please fix this issue or add unique email address option so every one can choose open this feature or not.

Thanks

post-257-0-66762200-1379830778_thumb.jpg

Not really a bug but a feature request mate, my customer has the same email address but different usernames, he doesn't get emails from one business though, but it's something we spoke about in the Beta period. I do agree with you though but maybe a email validation on signup. 

That checks to see if that email is already in the database before you can move on. May I ask do you have multi-company addons or just one? becuase If I was you I'd merge the accounts, it's a bit hard to have customers with more than one accounts in my opinion. Had a client before having two accounts for domains and when he was looking for a certain domain, we took longer going though the accounts finding it.

yes thats what im talking about it giveing option to on or off depends on each one needs like other scripts because not all clients here use blesta for hosting its billing system anyway.

im sorry to post here because on v3.0 was work and you can't signup with same email on database so now not so i don't know its bug or not we can wait paul confirm but i really need it badly.

yes thats what im talking about it giveing option to on or off depends on each one needs like other scripts because not all clients here use blesta for hosting its billing system anyway.

im sorry to post here because on v3.0 was work and you can't signup with same email on database so now not so i don't know its bug or not we can wait paul confirm but i really need it badly.

Oh you can't sign up with the same email address? Not sure then haha, my mate signed up on both companies with the same email not the same company.

If I'm understanding this correctly you want to disallow the ability to sign up with more than one username with the same e-mail.  I didn't like the ability to use a username at all so I simply removed that field from the sign-up form thus forcing people to use their e-mail address as their username...  That should have the same effect if I'm not mistaken...

post-2448-0-35697600-1380208437_thumb.pn

If I'm understanding this correctly you want to disallow the ability to sign up with more than one username with the same e-mail.  I didn't like the ability to use a username at all so I simply removed that field from the sign-up form thus forcing people to use their e-mail address as their username...  That should have the same effect if I'm not mistaken...

That would mate but then they can't use the same email address as another account.

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifsignup.png

good idea hope blesta team understand that and give us option to enable this or not anyway thanks my friend i will try your trick just let me know file path i should edit

• 4 weeks later...

still waiting your reply please file path should edit

First...remember that if you make this change, you will most likely need to redo the change after updates, as this is editing a core plugin file that could be altered with new versions of Blesta.

You will need to edit this file: plugins/order/views/templates/standard/types/registration/main_signup.pdt

Find:

<?php
								$this->Form->fieldRadio("username_type", "email", ($this->Html->ifSet($vars->username_type, "email") == "email"), array("id"=>"username_type_email"));
								$this->Form->label($this->_("Main.signup.field_username_type_email", true), "username_type_email", array("class"=>"inline"));

$this->Form->fieldRadio("username_type", "username", ($this->Html->ifSet($vars->username_type) == "username"), array("id"=>"username_type_username"));
								$this->Form->label($this->_("Main.signup.field_username_type_username", true), "username_type_username", array("class"=>"inline"));
								?>

Replace with:

<?php
								$this->Form->fieldRadio("username_type", "email", ($this->Html->ifSet($vars->username_type, "email") == "email"), array("id"=>"username_type_email"));
								$this->Form->label($this->_("Main.signup.field_username_type_email", true), "username_type_email", array("class"=>"inline"));
								?>

This will simply remove the username radio button, so the only option is to choose email.

ok, it seems I messed something up with this...just had a client say he couldn't register (I swore I checked it and made sure it works)

but apparently my fix above makes it so that whenever the form is filled out, it still pops up a message with "Please enter a username".

Will post a fix soon, hopefully...

ok, I've fixed it (easy method for now, I might mess with it a bit more later to make it look the way I had it before...but I needed a quick fix :))

I've updated my original post with how to go about doing it.  I've also uploaded the altered file if you need since I didn't keep the directions on how to alter it to this after having already altered it via my first method.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxf_vG3b8bYQd2FWUjhYSDd4NEU/edit?usp=sharing

ok, I've fixed it (easy method for now, I might mess with it a bit more later to make it look the way I had it before...but I needed a quick fix :))

I've updated my original post with how to go about doing it.  I've also uploaded the altered file if you need since I didn't keep the directions on how to alter it to this after having already altered it via my first method.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxf_vG3b8bYQd2FWUjhYSDd4NEU/edit?usp=sharing

thanks i fix it now

• 3 weeks later...