Serious Cache Issue?

Evaske

Question

So it seems like for some reason everything is getting cached in the admin panel and it's really screwing with the way Blesta is working. This has only recently started to happen and it isn't just me but also other people having this issue when they are in the admin panel.

I have just done a complete new install of 3.0.3 and then imported my database. It is taking a lost of CMD + R's to get anything to show properly. In other words, clearing the browser cache.

If I go to the plugins page, it says that certain plugins have upgrades. I click the upgrade button.... it appears as if nothing is happening however if I hard refresh the page, again removing the browser cache it then disappears as if the upgrade happened.

The same is happening client side on the order form. Clicking the remove button does nothing but hard refreshing the page and it has disappeared.

Any ideas what I can check? 

So I just tried in my other browsers, FF and Safari. For me, both those browsers work absolutely fine. Only Chrome Mac is causing the issue. I thought maybe it was a session error so I removed all cookies and cache in Chrome and tried again, still not working. My friend who is having the same issue is having it in FF on Windows.

Anything else we can try to get to the bottom of why it is only an issue in certain browsers?

10 answers to this question

Blesta doesn't actually do any caching on that page. Blesta only caches the navigation elements.

Are you doing any caching on the server, using a service like CloudFlare, or have any extensions installed in Chrome that may be causing the issue?

Hi Paul,

Also seem to be having same issue in FireFox, just not Safari or IE

There is CloudFlare on the domain but it has been paused for a long time. There is no server caching installed. It's not just me in Chrome but other people in FireFox as well. I don't have any extensions installed relating to cacheing. It was all working before. It's only recently that we've noticed the pages not refreshing properly. 

It also can't be CF or a server issue as the installation is fine in my other browsers. Same on the Windows machine, only one browser having the issue. 

Good to hear that you've isolated it to that particular VPS. Very curious what the issue is there, but awesome that it's working on a new VPS.

Awesome it's working on a new VPS... problem is now I don't really want to move everything over to this new VPS and yet I'm clueless as to what is causing the issue on the old VPS!

Awesome it's working on a new VPS... problem is now I don't really want to move everything over to this new VPS and yet I'm clueless as to what is causing the issue on the old VPS!

I'd move, there's something funny going on there. Who knows what else might be affected, it's a risk I wouldn't want to take! :)