Registration Without An Order

MartyIX

Question

12 answers to this question

Actually I'm curious if Tyson or Cody has a slightly cleaner method.  Daniel's method just removes the option to select Usernames which works perfectly but I want the radio button gone completely if possible.  Is there a simple code edit that I can make to accomplish this?

Actually I'm curious if Tyson or Cody has a slightly cleaner method.  Daniel's method just removes the option to select Usernames which works perfectly but I want the radio button gone completely if possible.  Is there a simple code edit that I can make to accomplish this?

Not tried this so not sure:

remove the PHP code replace it with:

<input type="hidden" value="<?php $vars->username_type, "email") == "email"), array("id"=>"username_type_email"); ?>" id="username_type" name="email">

Not tried this so not sure:

remove the PHP code replace it with:

<input type="hidden" value="<?php $vars->username_type, "email") == "email"), array("id"=>"username_type_email"); ?>" id="username_type" name="email">

It just breaks it and returns a blank page.  In the meantime I just did a "display: none;" in the <li> so that'll at least accomplish what I want aesthetically.

CubicWebs' solution has a number of syntax errors, which is why the page failed to load.

IIRC, using the email address as the username is the default behavior, so I would think you could simply remove the <li> and the radio buttons altogether, but I haven't tested this.

CubicWebs' solution has a number of syntax errors, which is why the page failed to load.

IIRC, using the email address as the username is the default behavior, so I would think you could simply remove the <li> and the radio buttons altogether, but I haven't tested this.

If you remove the radio buttons the username text field is displayed.  If you remove it as well and submit your client registration it will give you an error saying you need to specify a username.  The way I have it set now works fine.  I guessing the ability to select a default (as in not letting client have the choice) is going to be a built in function in the future so what I have now is fine.