Unable To Do Anything Involving Email (Reset Password, Send Emails, Etc...) Manually

velaware

Question

Some clients are having no issues (i.e.: log shows as recent as 10/28 a client resetting their password).  However, one client of mine in particular cannot reset their password (they never receive the email).  So I logged into the admin area and tried resetting their password for them, got an error saying invalid email (I have "use e-mail as username" selected).

I then tried doing the same thing for a test account I've had set up since I used 2.5.4 and I got the same error.

I'm using Blesta 3.0.3 (none of the updates affect me based on the change logs) and there's no errors or anything in the logs either when I view them through Blesta.

I've also noticed I cannot send out emails when I go to a client's profile and click "Email Client", this happens: http://i.imgur.com/bdrgx25.png

This is kind of a big deal for more reasons than one.  I use Mandrill as my SMTP and its not showing anything is passing through it for the client in question, either.  So this seems to be an issue w/ Blesta since some clients can do things normally yet others can't.

2 answers to this question

Make sure there's not a DNS issue on that server. The system tries to verify email addresses by checking for valid MX records. Make sure the server is using valid caching servers, and can perform DNS lookups reliably.

Thanks. 

Just in case anyone else has this issue: I found that the routing table in my LXC container wasn't set properly.  All traffic from 10.0.0.0/8 was being routed to 10.0.0.1, even though my container's IP is 10.0.3.3.  I set up a default route to 10.0.3.1 and all is good now.

I used this: route add default gw 10.0.3.1 (my container only has 1 network interface).

This is transferable to people using VPSes or anything else really, too.