Piping stopped working

Qurius

Question

Hello - 

I've had piping working for support tickets for quite some time until recently after moving to a new server. The VPS server is an identical setup with Cpanel but I'm now getting a "local delivery failed" error when sending emails. 

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/usr/local/bin/ea-php74 /home/account/public_html/clients/plugins/support_manager/pipe2.php

local delivery failed"

"Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822

The emails are going through but the piping isn't. I've checked permissions on the pipe script in support_manager to be sure it's set to 755 but not sure where to go from here to diagnose what the issue is.

Thanks for any help

4 answers to this question

Blesta doesn't include a pipe2.php so if you are using multi-company, check that it is a copy of pipe.php but has the correct company ID defined in the files. Double check that the file is executable (chmod 755), and that the full and correct path to PHP is included in the hashbang on the 1st line of the file.

If your account is in a chroot environment, it may not be possible for the mail server to pipe email into Blesta.

The next step would be to test piping per https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-TestingPiping via SSH.

2 hours ago, Qurius said:

Thanks Paul. It is a multi-company and I verified that nothing was changed with the paths when the server was migrated (same hosting provider). chmod is set to 755 but I will go through the troubleshooting steps and see what I can find.

Check also that PHP IMAP and Mailparse are in your CLI PHP. Your ../logs_blesta/ error logs may have more information. Trying to pipe manually via SSH as in the test case described in the docs should help to narrow it down.