Blank Contact Type After Creation

interfasys

Question

It's not the first time I've seen this sort of bugs, but I can't recall where...

In admin/settings/company/general/contacttypes/

Create a contact type and hit save.

The message from the system is:

The contact type "" has been successfully added.

Note the blank field.

I think it has to do with the fact that our setup uses 2 languages, because if I edit the contact, then I see the name, so the data is not lost.

8 answers to this question

I didn't read the "Use Language Definition" tooltip and it seems we have to mess with language files in order for the label to show up, but I have no idea what the key should look like in the language file.

And I'm not sure why it's blank in the admin area since the default language is English.

The steps are as simple as listed above, but I did forget to mention that I ticked the box.

The environment is PHP 5.4. MariaDB 5.5 on FreeBSD 9.2. Using Blesta 3.1b2

Moved to support.

It sounds like when you're adding a Contact Type you're checking Use Language Definition when the value for Name you're entering has no language definition. Just uncheck that box, or add the language term and definition to the _custom.php language file for each of your language packs. For info on creating language definitions see Translating Blesta.

I've just noticed a bug related to the translation feature.

On the custom fields page, the key is being displayed instead of the translated string for the name of the field.

Works fine in contact and payment types. 

Start a new thread in the Bugs forums with steps to duplicate with items 1-6 from the How To Report A Bug thread.