Adding A Credit To A Client

10RUPTiV

Question

I'm looking for a way to create some "Credit memo" for a client.   

Let's say for example, I want to give 100$ in credit to a client.   How I will do that ?

Or another example, I sent an invoice of 100$ to a client and he paid it, but 2 days after, we need to cancel this invoice and the client don't want us to send it back his money but instead, to keep it as a credit here...

3 answers to this question

I'm looking for a way to create some "Credit memo" for a client.   

Let's say for example, I want to give 100$ in credit to a client.   How I will do that ?

1. Go to the client's profile page.
  2. On the left, under Actions, click Record Payment
  3. Enter your payment amount of 100
  4. Set the payment type to In House Credit
  5. Set the currency the payment should be credited in
  6. Do not select any invoices, if any are listed, unless you want to apply the credit to those invoices manually
  7. Continue to the next step
  8. Submit payment

Or another example, I sent an invoice of 100$ to a client and he paid it, but 2 days after, we need to cancel this invoice and the client don't want us to send it back his money but instead, to keep it as a credit here...
  1. Go to the client's profile page.
  2. Look at the Transactions list, and find the approved transaction. If there are too many, you can instead look for the closed invoice, and click on the invoice row to see a list of transactions applied to it. In this case you would click to edit the transaction.
  3. Click Unapply to unapply a payment from the invoice. The transaction amount that was unapplied will be added as a credit.
  4. Then you can edit the invoice and Void it.