How To Find What Services Are Using A Package?

velaware

Question

Is there a simple way (either via MySQL CLI or through Blesta) to show what services are attached to a package?  I'm trying to delete a couple of packages that aren't assigned to any clients and Blesta returns an error saying "The package could not be deleted because a service is currently using it.".

3 answers to this question

In that case, you could use Blesta's search feature to search for the package by name, and that should return you a list of services that use them.

The services attached to the package would need to be deleted first, and Blesta does not provide a way to delete a service (due to data integrity), unless the service is pending/in review. If a service exists of a different status (active, canceled, etc.), then you would have to physically remove the service from the database.

In that case, you could use Blesta's search feature to search for the package by name, and that should return you a list of services that use them.

The services attached to the package would need to be deleted first, and Blesta does not provide a way to delete a service (due to data integrity), unless the service is pending/in review. If a service exists of a different status (active, canceled, etc.), then you would have to physically remove the service from the database.

That'd be my issue then, is that its set to cancelled.  Is there a possibility of making it possible to delete the services as well when you delete a package?

Also, how can I search the services table by package ID?  That info isn't readily available.

That'd be my issue then, is that its set to cancelled.  Is there a possibility of making it possible to delete the services as well when you delete a package?

Also, how can I search the services table by package ID?  That info isn't readily available.

It's unlikely we'll add a delete option in the interface that deletes all associated services along with a package since that can lead to several problems.

Services are related to packages via their pricing. You'll need to join on `package_pricing` and `pricings` tables to determine which services belong to a given package.