Possible Bug With E-Mail Template With Non-Us English

PhatPixel

Question

I've been working over the last few days to establish Australian English as the default language by taking the en_us language files, duplicating them to en_au and making various changes to spelling and localising terminology.  I currently have both languages active and in various locations I now see two tabs -- one for English, US and one for English, AU.

However when I go to edit a template under Settings > Emails > Email Templates, I only see the English, US tab.  I also tried changing the language in the database from en_us to en_au for each of the templates but then the list of e-mails disappears completely.  Perhaps the template list may be hard-coded to en_us rather than looking for the Default Language defined in Settings > General > Localization?

2 answers to this question

Perhaps the template list may be hard-coded to en_us rather than looking for the Default Language defined in Settings > General > Localization?

No, the email templates display all languages that are installed. And by 'installed', I mean that you have to install them through the admin interface. If I recall correctly, you mentioned in another thread that you updated the database directly to add an entry for en_au. While that is necessary, it's not sufficient, as additional email templates must be generated for the language when initially installed.

You should change your default language to English, US, then uninstall the English, AU language from under [settings] -> [Company] -> [General] -> [internationalization], and finally install it properly through the interface on that same page.