Support System {Ticket} Documentation?

iamp

Hi Everyone, 

I'm in the process of customising a bunch of email templates, and I can't seem to find any documentation for the {ticket} merge object - it seems that {ticket.summary} will give me the ticket title, and I've been randomly trying a few others - but is there anything written anywhere about it? 

I'm most interested in obtaining a term for the name of the administrator that responded - though I'm not sure how do-able that is.

Thanks!

Aha, that's handy - thanks!

To what extent will the templates support conditional logic? I'd like to put the staff name into the from field, but only have staff ID from the array. 

Finally, maybe I'm being dense, but I don't see a way for staff to see tickets that are assigned to them - I'm sure this is a feature built into assignments but I can't find how to use it.

Thanks for your help, I can't wait to get rid of WHMCS!

Aha, that's handy - thanks!

To what extent will the templates support conditional logic? I'd like to put the staff name into the from field, but only have staff ID from the array. 

Finally, maybe I'm being dense, but I don't see a way for staff to see tickets that are assigned to them - I'm sure this is a feature built into assignments but I can't find how to use it.

Thanks for your help, I can't wait to get rid of WHMCS!

I'm not sure you could use a query to select the details from the staff ID. Paul and the guys will be better at helping you with that, maybe they could include it in 3.3 for you.

When a ticket is assigned to them it should be highlighted like so:

ticket1.PNG

And I agree that software your currently using is crap.

Hi Michael,

I've had SO many battles with WHMCS, it has just been a case of waiting for a suitable replacement to come along.

Your ticket screen looks a lot more advanced than mine - I've got no checkboxes, buttons, - but you're right, it does get highlighted when its assigned. I wonder if I could create an additional column with the assigned user in it - presumably this would just be a case of editing the support plugin? 

Sorry for the barrage of questions - I'm matching up the essential functionality from WHMCS with its counterpart in Blesta to make sure we can do everything we need to before we move. I'm now down to this and emails getting sent to administrators when they are assigned tickets.

Thanks!

Hi Michael,

I've had SO many battles with WHMCS, it has just been a case of waiting for a suitable replacement to come along.

Your ticket screen looks a lot more advanced than mine - I've got no checkboxes, buttons, - but you're right, it does get highlighted when its assigned. I wonder if I could create an additional column with the assigned user in it - presumably this would just be a case of editing the support plugin? 

Sorry for the barrage of questions - I'm matching up the essential functionality from WHMCS with its counterpart in Blesta to make sure we can do everything we need to before we move. I'm now down to this and emails getting sent to administrators when they are assigned tickets.

Thanks!

Yeah the tick boxes is part of edit of the support manager done by Pavlo V, you can find it here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2001-support-manager-tickets-delete-merge-spam-multiple-tickets/

It's fine mate, we're all here to help :) but yeah it's hell over there, I'm lucky I moved in May before everything erupted. You'll be able to sleep again when you're on Blesta don't worry.

FYI, the ticket tags available to email templates are outlined in the Support Manager documentation.

Email notifications are based on what the staff members have set for their schedule and the ticket priority settings under the [support] -> [staff] -> [Edit]. Checking the boxes for "Emergency", "Critical", etc. will enable that staff member to receive notifications for tickets opened with those priorities. And staff will only receive an email if a ticket comes in between their scheduled start/end time.