Will Blesta Upgrades Break My Plugin Hook?

BillP

I want to extend Blesta. I would like to write a plugin that hooks into the addPaidPendingServices function in the Cron controller, by creating an event whose callback function creates a further cron task. That may or may not be the best way to achieve what I want, but that's probably a question for another day. My question for now is how do I start this off in a way that doesn't get broken by an upgrade to Blesta?

Thanks for general help and suggestions about avoiding having developments of Blesta being broken by Blesta upgrades.

As with any custom changes, you will need to merge/update them into any upgrades you perform on your Blesta installation in the future. That's pretty much unavoidable. Even if you use vQmod to avoid editing core files, you'll always have to check that changes to the core don't have adverse affects on your custom changes.

vQmod will probably be the best way to integrate your custom changes into core files, assuming you can get it to work properly. Combine that with a custom plugin that registers your new cron task, and you could probably get this to work.