A Few Questions.

ChrisB

Question

Now that I've spent some time in Blesta (currently using WHMCS and starting something new - want to use Blesta) I have a few questions:

• Am I able to offer users domain names when they're ordering hosting? Ie - someone buys hosting and they add a domain on for $15 per year. Kind of how WHMCS does it. From what I can tell you have to order the domain separate from the hosting. 
  • To build on to that question - are there any way to set promo points - like you are able to include a domain name if they select 1 year hosting?
  • Can you link to a specific product? My current website design basically requires that I am able to link specifically to a product. From what I can tell you can only select an order form. Would I have to create a specific group then order form for each product? That seems less than ideal.

Thanks much for any responses.

3 answers to this question

• Am I able to offer users domain names when they're ordering hosting? Ie - someone buys hosting and they add a domain on for $15 per year. Kind of how WHMCS does it. From what I can tell you have to order the domain separate from the hosting. 

Yes you need the domain and other form and they pick the domain first. That might change soon depending on the developers they are trying to make it as user friendly as possible.

• To build on to that question - are there any way to set promo points - like you are able to include a domain name if they select 1 year hosting?

Not yet, you can provide a promotion code for the domain or edit their invoice after they order, not sure what the guys have planned for this type it might be in the new domain plugin or something like that. Paul and the guys are better at answering these as they can see all the cores and ideas :D

• Can you link to a specific product? My current website design basically requires that I am able to link specifically to a product. From what I can tell you can only select an order form. Would I have to create a specific group then order form for each product? That seems less than ideal.

Yes you can, you can click the order button on the package and link to it like I do myself for licenses.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Appreciate the reply. To clarify is there a way to naturally step someone from domain into the product? 

Or do they have to add the domain to the cart - go back to the list of products and purchase it that way?

Yes, when you have the domain and other as the main order form type, they will search for a domain or click the order other item (Not 100% sure on the text sorry).

After the domain has been added to their cart they click the order other items and then follow the steps by clicking order on the package and then continue...

I'm not sure if this has been changed in 3.2.x with the new order forms but I believe it is the same.