Email Pipping Error

Alexander Orlov

Question

Hi i am not sure if this down to the email piping path to the php path but i get this error

------ pipe to |/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/

generated by email@domain ------

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 2: /bin: is a directory

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 3: bin: command not found

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 4: bin: command not found

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 5: bin: command not found

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 6: bin/: is a directory

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 7: =: command not found

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 9: try: command not found

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 10: syntax error near unexpected token `dirname'

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 10: `   include(dirname(__FILE__) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "lib/init.php");'

9 answers to this question

It might be looking for the php in the wrong folder.

/usr/bin/php /home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/

Try finding the location for your php and change the first bit of the command.

just checked and its at the path above

/usr/bin/php

What I was going by was:

/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 2: /bin: is a directory
/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 3: bin: command not found

I don't think your path to php is /usr/bin/php but something else unless when you added the forwarding the php was missing from it.

----- pipe to |/home/user/public_html/secure/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php

Thats what i thought but not seen that error before so i will check now.

it should the following if im correct

#path to php

Either use "|/usr/bin/php /path/to/script.php" in your ~/.forward

Or if you want to continue using just "|/path/to/script.php" like you have now, open the PHP file and add a hashbang as the first line of the file.

Don't forget the bang or it will be treated as comment, and your file will be executed as a normal sh shell script, which seems to be happening now.

#!/usr/bin/php