How do I stop Blesta 5.9 with php 8 filling up daily logs with E_DEPRECATED messages?

John Heenan

Question

Although I have line 'Configure::errorReporting(0);' in config/blasta.php, this has no effect on reporting in daily logs in logs_blesta directory.

With Blesta 5.9.3, there are still numerous E_DEPRECATED messages using php 8.2, for example megabytes worth in general-notice-XXXX-XX-XX.log.

How can I stop this?

John

4 answers to this question

If you are on 5.9.3, there are substantially fewer notices in ../logs_blesta/ that in 5.8. We'll release version 5.10 beta 1 soon. I would recommend installing it, if you see any notices on PHP 8.2, let us know what they are and how you encounter them and we'll take a look.

OK thanks, I will wait until version 5.10 beta 1 to report back

For anyone else interested, following is a useful command to extract unique log messages, independent of date and with home directory removed.

cat general-notice-2024-03-*.log  |  cut -d ' ' -f 1 --complement | awk -F, '!seen[$1]++' | sed 's/\home.*\/blesta\///'> uniquelineslogs.txt

Now with Blesta 5.10.1 beta 1 with php 8.2.7

Here is a start after just installing a fresh overwrite of Blesta 5.9.1 with 5.10.0 beta 1, unpoulated database swapped back in, php 8.2.7

cat general-notice-2024-*.log | cut -d ' ' -f 1 --complement | awk -F, '!seen[$1]++' | sed 's/\home.*\/blesta\///'

general.NOTICE: E_DEPRECATED: Creation of dynamic property SimplePie_Autoloader::$path is deprecated {"code":8192,"message":"Creation of dynamic property SimplePie_Autoloader::$path is deprecated","file":"/plugins/feed_reader/vendors/simplepie/autoloader.php","line":67} 

cat general-notice-cron-*.log | cut -d ' ' -f 1 --complement | awk -F, '!seen[$1]++' | sed 's/\home.*\/blesta\///'

general.NOTICE: E_DEPRECATED: Creation of dynamic property TicketManager::$SupportManagerDepartments is deprecated {"code":8192,"message":"Creation of dynamic property TicketManager::$SupportManagerDepartments is deprecated","file":"/vendors/minphp/bridge/src/Lib/Loader.php","line":256}