Client Email Address

Michael

If a customer updates their email address, it doesn't change their login email address.

I had a customer who uses their email address to log in, they updated it a few minutes ago, tried to log in again however it was refusing to accept it, however they could log in via their old email address. Not a big issue but could cause some people to get locked out.

If a customer updates their email address, it doesn't change their login email address.

I had a customer who uses their email address to log in, they updated it a few minutes ago, tried to log in again however it was refusing to accept it, however they could log in via their old email address. Not a big issue but could cause some people to get locked out.

The username can only be updated/changed by staff/admin and not by the client.

The username can only be updated/changed by staff/admin and not by the client.

So the email as a username function is a onetime deal upon registration?  That's kind of confusing to the client users I think. If people choose email address for usernames it's only logical that their current email address and any email address they change it to will be their login. That's how every sign-in service works.

I can delete that function from the registration form but it'd be nice if we can toggle it in the admin panel. But even with that it should still use the updated email address if that mode is used in my opinion.

Yes :)

In my opinion, Blesta should remove the "Use Email as username / Use Username" and always use email as username.  Almost every hosting bill  use email as login, and it is the most used and the most  sence on using it :)

I disagree, I like my usernames thank you :) but If it's a email address if I change it it should change the log in email address in my honest opinion.

I disagree, I like my usernames thank you :) but If it's a email address if I change it it should change the log in email address in my honest opinion.

Yes, your are right, there will be always people that  like usernames and outhers that like emails.

Its better to have a backoffice option to select a default one, use only usernames or only emails as usernames with an option for a client update the login email/username.

Yes, your are right, there will be always people that  like usernames and outhers that like emails.

Its better to have a backoffice option to select a default one, use only usernames or only emails as usernames with an option for a client update the login email/username.

Yes a option to enable a option would be nice under General on company settings.

Yes :)

In my opinion, Blesta should remove the "Use Email as username / Use Username" and always use email as username.  Almost every hosting bill  use email as login, and it is the most used and the most  sence on using it :)

Paulo remember our discussion about SolusVM and the username issue?  Enforcing usernames helps accomplish that.  It is also key in using the shared login plugin since a username is permanent where an email address is expected to be changed at any given point. Then there is the issue of username predictability (in some situations).  So there is going to many cases where email address won't be ideal.

The username function is very important.  I think there should be two modes that are configurable from admin that modifies the registration page.

I made a feature request here:  http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2660-toggle-email-as-username-on-registration/

Paulo remember our discussion about SolusVM and the username issue?  Enforcing usernames helps accomplish that.  It is also key in using the shared login plugin since a username is permanent where an email address is expected to be changed at any given point. Then there is the issue of username predictability (in some situations).  So there is going to many cases where email address won't be ideal.

The username function is very important.  I think there should be two modes that are configurable from admin that modifies the registration page.

I made a feature request here:  http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2660-toggle-email-as-username-on-registration/

Yes, lol, sorry for not replying, so many things at the same time that I have forgot you complitly :(

Did you have the problem solved for what you ask me to implement on SolusVM, default SolusVM Username as Blesta Client Username?

Haven't looked at the code in-depth, but what happens most likely is that it updates the contacts' table information but not the users' table.

Blesta registration basically goes first to the users table, then creates a contact entry.  When you update the contact's email, Blesta is only focused on the contacts table itself, leaving the users table to be untouched.  This would be an easy fix to add into the code, and as long as the contacts.contact_type == "primary" update the user's information as well.

Haven't looked at the code in-depth, but what happens most likely is that it updates the contacts' table information but not the users' table.

Blesta registration basically goes first to the users table, then creates a contact entry.  When you update the contact's email, Blesta is only focused on the contacts table itself, leaving the users table to be untouched.  This would be an easy fix to add into the code, and as long as the contacts.contact_type == "primary" update the user's information as well.

It must check first if there is alredy any outher "username" being used as an equal email that is being change.

For exemple:

User1 as selected "Use Username" as Username user1@domain.tld and the email as user2@domain.tld

User2 as selected "Use email" as Username user2@domain.tld and email as user1@domain.tld

Now user2 wants to change the email to "user1@domain.tld"

You see the problem? :P

On the "Use username" you can insert everything you whant even email adresses and this cause problems if Blesta auto updates usernames as emails if dosent do some checks first.

so if there is anouther email it cannot change the username but can change the email :)

Yes, lol, sorry for not replying, so many things at the same time that I have forgot you complitly :(

Did you have the problem solved for what you ask me to implement on SolusVM, default SolusVM Username as Blesta Client Username?

Oh no worries at all, Paulo, I can relate.  Tyson helped me accomplish what I wanted.

I'm guessing that Blesta has no flag or setting for "email as a username" and so it doesn't know whether the user has chosen one or the other.  The "email as a username" function is just on the registration form itself.  Basically just entering a variable based on the user's email address.  Same with the admin client edit.