Email Notices

Bit Bayou

Question

With one of the previous versions, the email notices sent out for past due invoices had a "Pay Now" link that would direct the client to a pay now option. Now, it takes them to the client login page, and then the client portal home page. Not a problem, just something that seems to be changing over the versions, and not sure anyone noticed?

Also with these emails, it simply tells the customer about an invoice being past due. I don't see how I can include another copy of the invoice(s) in these emails and/or print the total due now in the emails?

The client can log in, but I just received a support email because my client says "the invoice doesn't say how much to pay" ... which is in reference to the "Invoice Notice (3rd)" Email she just received.

Clearly she's expecting these emails to include the invoice as well, not just a log in. So just looking to see if we can look at this option?

3 answers to this question

Have you tried the link that was sent to the client in that notice? If it doesn't take them to the pay page, there may be an issue with the company hostname, encryption key (unlikely), or routing customization that causes Blesta to redirect somewhere else or otherwise deem the payment link invalid. Make sure you're using the {payment_url} tag.

The notice emails don't generate and send off PDF invoice attachments to the email. That might be a nice feature request though.

Since the notice email supports the {invoice} that is late, you should be able to reference the amount due on the invoice with the {invoice.due} tag. Of course, you'll want it to be formatted nicely in the currency, so you can set a filter as I described here.

e.g.

Amount due: {invoice.due | currency_format invoice.currency}

The output in the email would then be something like:

Amount due: $56.25

With one of the previous versions, the email notices sent out for past due invoices had a "Pay Now" link that would direct the client to a pay now option. Now, it takes them to the client login page, and then the client portal home page. Not a problem, just something that seems to be changing over the versions, and not sure anyone noticed?

Also with these emails, it simply tells the customer about an invoice being past due. I don't see how I can include another copy of the invoice(s) in these emails and/or print the total due now in the emails?

The client can log in, but I just received a support email because my client says "the invoice doesn't say how much to pay" ... which is in reference to the "Invoice Notice (3rd)" Email she just received.

Clearly she's expecting these emails to include the invoice as well, not just a log in. So just looking to see if we can look at this option?

The links for me link me to the payment page.