Namescheap Error "sorry, That Domain Is Not Available."

Paul Battaglia

Question

5 answers to this question

Have you tried checking it with the normal namecheap (non sandbox) as I believe that's their sandbox api error.

Michael,

I have not used the production api as I'm being a bit of tight arse. If this is the standard sandbox api response, i didn't get this impression when I signed up for the account. I registered for the namecheap account so I can test the workflow for registering a domain as I'm building a module for another Australian domain registrar. 

Is there a module i can use that has a fully functioning sandbox api?

Michael,

I have not used the production api as I'm being a bit of tight arse. If this is the standard sandbox api response, i didn't get this impression when I signed up for the account. I registered for the namecheap account so I can test the workflow for registering a domain as I'm building a module for another Australian domain registrar. 

Is there a module i can use that has a fully functioning sandbox api?

If you use the normal API, it will go into Blesta and just cancel the order in the admin side. Just don't pay the invoice.

I had a chat with Namecheap and I was advised why .com.au domain registrations weren't working in the sandbox environment. 

Apparently, as Australian domains require specific information for validating the usage of .au domains this feature was disabled. Something to think about when testing different registrars sandbox envinronments.