Pci Compliance With 2Checkout

linverts

Question

I am looking into taking 2checkout in addition to PayPal but they are having me fill out this whole PCI compliance.  Looking at it most of the questions are geared towards a huge company.  My question:  The 2checkout module using the API does it store the card information locally on my server or at 2checkout?  Is there an alternate I could use like BluePay, etc. that would not require me to store credit card data on my server?

13 answers to this question

I am looking into taking 2checkout in addition to PayPal but they are having me fill out this whole PCI compliance.  Looking at it most of the questions are geared towards a huge company.  My question:  The 2checkout module using the API does it store the card information locally on my server or at 2checkout?  Is there an alternate I could use like BluePay, etc. that would not require me to store credit card data on my server?

2CheckOut is a non-merchant payment gateway, so no card info will be stored in your server, in fact the whole payment processing operation won't be on your own server, your customers (after submitting their orders) will be redirected to 2checkout's website to submit payments.

2CheckOut is a non-merchant payment gateway, so no card info will be stored in your server, in fact the whole payment processing operation won't be on your own server, your customers (after submitting their orders) will be redirected to 2checkout's website to submit payments.

That's even better, so I guess what's the difference between PayPal and 2CheckOut then?  2CheckOut doesn't require the user to signup for an account with them?

That's even better, so I guess what's the difference between PayPal and 2CheckOut then?  2CheckOut doesn't require the user to signup for an account with them?

PayPal is just better than 2Checkout unless you want to have late payouts and higher risk of your account being closed. PayPal also doesn't require the user to sign up.

I am wanting to make payment as easy as possible for my clients.  Using PayPal it redirects them to paypay to finish up then redirects back.  What is the best way to streamline this?  It sounds like 2CheckOut isn't the answer.  What would you recommend that would keep me from storing credit card info on my server?

Looking at this link though it shows the user will enter their credit card information on my site?  How do the rebills work if the credit card info isn't saved in Blesta?  http://help.2checkout.com/articles/Knowledge_Article/PCI-DSS-Compliance

Not sure what they are on about, but when a user pays with their crappy gateway they go to their site and then redirect back to your site. Bit like this but this is outdated a bit:

40.gif

Unless they are talking about their new checkout style: https://www.2checkout.com/hosted-checkout

Yeah it's weird, they are wanting me to become PCI compliant but I'll never even see the credit card data.  I am going to have them close out my account and choose another vendor.  Who would you suggest to streamline payments without redirecting to another site.

I prefer PayPal and Stripe mate, I might sound like a bleeder to people reading but 2CO have mucked a few webhosts including me for nothing.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1254029

Blesta will still store the last four digits of a card number, and its expiration date for use in email templates (e.g. card expiration reminders). So you would still need to be PCI compliant. It sounds like what you want is to use a non-merchant gateway, as the client will be forwarded off-site to make a payment instead. This has been discussed at length in another thread.