Purchase Process Failure!

netwise

Question

In preparing to offer some new products and make everything live on my Blesta install I have been creating packages and order forms etc. Previously I have only been using Blesta for the ticket system and manually generated invoices so this area is a bit new to me.

I wanted to test the purchase process from end to end to evaluate the customer experience as well as the required admin steps.

I have an order form set up with a product assigned to it: http://laplantesolutionsllc.com/support/plugin/order/main/index/tcbdm

I visited this order form after making sure I logged out of admin and clearing cookies/cache… I went through the purchasing process selecting Check/Mooney order as my payment method created a user account and everything went as I expected. I logged out of the user account and proceeded to log back into admin. (I have it set up to require human verification/approval)

I went to Billing/Invoices and marked the invoice as paid, I then went to services/pending clicked manage Send Conformation Email & Use Module boxes were checked and I then clicked Activate.

I then was displayed the following error:

Oh noes!

unexpected character in filters : "." at 290 on line 233 in /home/netwise/public_html/support/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php

Printing Stack Trace:

#0 /home/netwise/public_html/support/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php(114): ArgumentLexer->parse()
#1 /home/netwise/public_html/support/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php(75): H2o_Parser::parseArguments('package.*', 283)
#2 /home/netwise/public_html/support/vendors/h2o/h2o.php(106): H2o_Parser->parse()
#3 /home/netwise/public_html/support/vendors/h2o/h2o.php(142): H2o->parse('

???Hi {conta...')
#4 /home/netwise/public_html/support/app/models/emails.php(806): H2o::parseString('

???Hi {conta...', Array)
#5 /home/netwise/public_html/support/app/models/emails.php(512): Emails->buildEmail('service_creatio...', '1', 'en_us', Array)
#6 /home/netwise/public_html/support/app/models/services.php(1189): Emails->send('service_creatio...', '1', 'en_us', 'laplanteent@gma...', Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array)
#7 /home/netwise/public_html/support/app/models/services.php(982): Services->sendNotificationEmail(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass), '20')
#8 /home/netwise/public_html/support/app/controllers/admin_clients.php(3473): Services->edit('6', Array, false, true)
#9 /home/netwise/public_html/support/lib/dispatcher.php(111): AdminClients->editService()
#10 /home/netwise/public_html/support/index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/support/admin/...')
#11 {main}

I then thought maybe the Use Module should not be checked, so I tried it with that BNOT checked and got:

Oh noes!

unexpected character in filters : "." at 290 on line 233 in /home/netwise/public_html/support/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php

Printing Stack Trace:
#0 /home/netwise/public_html/support/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php(114): ArgumentLexer->parse()
#1 /home/netwise/public_html/support/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php(75): H2o_Parser::parseArguments('package.*', 283)
#2 /home/netwise/public_html/support/vendors/h2o/h2o.php(106): H2o_Parser->parse()
#3 /home/netwise/public_html/support/vendors/h2o/h2o.php(142): H2o->parse('

???Hi {conta...')
#4 /home/netwise/public_html/support/app/models/emails.php(806): H2o::parseString('

???Hi {conta...', Array)
#5 /home/netwise/public_html/support/app/models/emails.php(512): Emails->buildEmail('service_creatio...', '1', 'en_us', Array)
#6 /home/netwise/public_html/support/app/models/services.php(1189): Emails->send('service_creatio...', '1', 'en_us', 'laplanteent@gma...', Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array)
#7 /home/netwise/public_html/support/app/models/services.php(982): Services->sendNotificationEmail(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass), '20')
#8 /home/netwise/public_html/support/app/controllers/admin_clients.php(3473): Services->edit('6', Array, false, true)
#9 /home/netwise/public_html/support/lib/dispatcher.php(111): AdminClients->editService()
#10 /home/netwise/public_html/support/index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/support/admin/...')
#11 {main}

Obviously “something” wrong, and may be something I have mis configured, but I  am definitely stuck!

Any assistance is most appreciated!

Bob

5 answers to this question

i found it! i was using the {package.*} which I dont think is an available tag when using the general Module maybe?

However, it does not appear the welcome emaiul was ever sent after removing the offending tag. I expected it would have been when the service was accepted/activated. I dide check and the service IS activated.

I double checked to be sure service creation email was turned on. I did get the service activated email, I expected the package welcome email to replace this. Should it have over wridden the default creatiuon email? Guess i likely did something wrong again? or maybe its because of the inital use of an erronious tag?

In the service creation email template you spot the {package_html} {package_text} if you have only them in that template it will only send your welcome email content. Which is what I recommend myself. 

If your using the general module aka Universal Module I believe your talking about. You have two sections. Package fields and Service fields.

If you have a name called License_Key and you put it in the Package fields you can use {package.License_Key} the * represents something after it.