Paypal Only, But Insists On Entering Cc?

kpmedia

Question

16 answers to this question

I've not experienced this before.

Do you have a form on the left dropdown?

Do you have the checkbox on the right?

Do you have credit cards enabled? Settings > Billing/Payment > Accepted Payment Types > Credit Cards (un-tick).

Is PayPal the only box ticked on the order form? Packages > Order form > edit order form > Gateways

Okay, I see where the confusion comes from.

A - I need to remove "Payment Accounts" from clients. It wants you to enter CC data and banking data -- and it's not even used.

B - I need remove the ability to make partial payments.

Ok so you need to remove both tick boxes on the Accepted Payment Types like here: http://screencast.com/t/fpkbd8EmICy0

And then you'll need to do some customization as there's no feature for the non credit / partial payments?

Crap. <_<

This is a really stupid core function. Just ignore the invoice and pay what you want! Whoever heard of that?

I can make the top button disappear, as well as the box, because both (I hope) have unique CSS. I added this to the main stylesheet:

#edit_amounts {
display:none;
}
#credit {
}

Now the PITA is the "Other Payment Amount" text. I'll have to edit core. So every time there's an update, I'll have to redo it. :angry:

At this point, I'm not sure if I want to continue trying to use Blesta, or just give up and use ClientExec 5 (which isn't perfect either). This sucks, I thought Blesta was finally ready for primetime, and I thought simply installing it would have only taken me 10 minutes -- not hours and hours. (And it's still not usable as-is.)

Crap.

I can made the top bottom disappear, because it (I hope) has unique CSS:

And then I can add this to the main stylesheet:

#edit_amounts {

}

Now the PITA is the "other payment amount" box.

At this point, I'm not sure if I want to continue trying to use Blesta, or just give up and use ClientExec 5 (which isn't perfect either).

This is a really stupid core function. Just ignore the invoice and pay what you want! Whoever heard of that?

A lot of people like to top up their account with credit to cover invoices, same with other systems you can add credit.

Also if you have $5.00 in your PayPal and your bill is $10.00, you can pay $5.00 towards your invoice until you have the other $5.00.

I'll pass this onto Paul but I think all you need is a tick box to disable the partial payment and / or disable the add credit without a invoice due.

I've tried this but I can't seem to find the correct value for the number of invoices.

File: /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_pay.pdt

<?php 
			$num_unpaid_invoices = count($invoice_info);
			// echo $num_unpaid_invoices; // Testing to see if get's correct number.
			if( $num_unpaid_invoices != '0'){?>
			<button type="submit" class="btn btn-default pull-right">
				<i class="fa fa-arrow-circle-right"></i> <?php $this->_("ClientPay.index.field_submit");?>
			</button>
			<?php } ?>

I edited my last post again.

The other issue is the now-useless "Payment Accounts" option. When no internal (to Blesta) payment methods are accepted, that need to go away. I don't want to deal with the onsalught of customers that are confusede by 'how to pay' ("I can't add my Paypal, credut card. etc" -- and they're not supposed to). Only Paypal and mailed payments are accepted.

Didn't one of the previous version have an invoice page, too -- not just downloaded PDFs on the dashboard?

I edited my last post again.

The other issue is the now-useless "Payment Accounts" option. When no internal (to Blesta) payment methods are accepted, that need to go away. I don't want to deal with the onsalught of customers that are confusede by 'how to pay' ("I can't add my Paypal, credut card. etc" -- and they're not supposed to). Only Paypal and mailed payments are accepted.

Didn't one of the previous version have an invoice page, too -- not just downloaded PDFs on the dashboard?

- You can remove the payment accounts link from the client template

- Cannot really see the reason to have an online page for the invoice when there is a PDF version of it, if your client needs to print it, a pdf version would have a better format for printing than the online invoice page.

- Cannot really see the reason to have an online page for the invoice when there is a PDF version of it, if your client needs to print it, a pdf version would have a better format for printing than the online invoice page.

Every invoice needs to remain available. But if you stick it on all an overview page, that's going to get quite long. Imagine people that stick arounud for a decade. This one isn't a deadl-breaker issue.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the client template get overwritten in an update?

Every invoice needs to remain available.

But if you stick it on all an overview page, that's going to get quite long. Imagine people that stick arounud for a decade.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the client template get overwritten in an update?

It does unless you remove the files which you've customized or just copy the bootstrap folder and then rename it, rename the config and select the new folder from the Look and Feel's Template page:

qeolj91c.png

The Invoice only shows in your browser if it's supported. Chrome doesn't support it and therefore downloads the invoice.

If your not a fan of using a new template or editing the current one you can use the CSS / JS / PHP / HTML Plugin which Naja7host did which allows you to customize files without editing them directly.

the CSS / JS / PHP / HTML Plugin which Naja7host did

Where is this? Found it: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3437-plugin-css-javascript-toolbox-magic-box/

But I think editing a new template is maybe better.

I didn't want toedit the existing template. I'm fine with creating a new one (copy old one, tweak a few things).

Here's my question: How do I rename it from "bootstrap". How can I call it "ABC"?