Email Templates - How Can I Test If A Payment Account Is On File But Not Designated For Auto Debit?

Darin

Question

In the Invoice Delivery email templates, how can I test if a client has a payment account on file, but has not selected anything for auto debit?

I'd like to be able to automatically present a custom message in the invoice emails sent to these clients, because I think they are assuming that adding a payment account to their profile is enough, when in fact they also need to designate it as auto debit (as has been discussed in other threads).

The default Invoice Delivery templates already test if auto debit is enabled for the client's profile and, if so, if the client has a payment account designated for auto debit. However, unless I'm misunderstanding the logic, the templates aren't currently testing if a payment account is available but not selected for auto debit.

3 answers to this question

The {autodebit} tag will contain "1" if the autodebit setting is enabled on their account. However, the Invoice Delivery email templates don't contain any specific information regarding the client's payment accounts or whether an autodebit account is active/selected.

You can see all tags available in the docs.