Webserver Setup

Mike

Question

I'm going to setup a server which I'm using Webuzo to manage (amazing control panel!), and was wondering what you guys would suggest doing for the web server side of things.

Currently I have Apache, PHP 5.4, Percona.  I'm thinking whether I should proxy Nginx in the mix or add any specific caching modules like APC, MemCached, Varnish etc.

What do you use or what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

I do not know Webuzo but at checking it's seem to me more suited when you want to supply a light control panel for container you suplly to your customer, than being really a panel to fully administer your own server, just my opinion.

regarding :

MemCached : I think you can only gain in performance when your software is using multi-server, cluster, if not you will be losing performance.

varnish:  rule are not very flexible, and in a multi-domains application, environnement, I found it's not possible, flexible to use.

nginx: good!

Other: have a look to haproxy: it's can be as well only reverse proxy (why not of nginx) vs being just load balancer

for better php performance, HHVM from facebook look interresting, I tried with blesta (easy install all is automatic installed & "integrated with nginx or apache" and seem well supported with Blesta, as xcache give bug with Blesta

I'm going to setup a server which I'm using Webuzo to manage (amazing control panel!), and was wondering what you guys would suggest doing for the web server side of things.

Currently I have Apache, PHP 5.4, Percona.  I'm thinking whether I should proxy Nginx in the mix or add any specific caching modules like APC, MemCached, Varnish etc.

What do you use or what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Not a fan of Webuzo to be honest, but I highly recommend you use Apache simply because Nginx will need a bit of configuring unless it's a good Nginx proxy and Apache so it does the work for you. PHP 5.6 and MariaDB are good.