Custom Tax % On Service Creation

KingPin

Question

7 answers to this question

Taxes are applied based on your tax rules, and whether they match the client location. The client, package, and invoice line items also need to be set as taxable for the tax to be applied.

Depending on exactly what you're trying to do here, you could update the package to make it taxable, ensure the client is not tax exempt, ensure that you have a tax rule setup that applies to their locale, and they should be taxed automatically when the service is added. Alternatively, you can update the invoice that is created when the service is added, and mark each line item as taxable, however, that is a manual process, and the total cost that they agreed to will have changed if it was not already taxable.

Hi Tyson, thank you for your detailed response. Unfortunately I wasn't clear in my question, let me try to clarify.

All my customers live in same state. but based on their residence county they get taxed differently. I have some customers who due to certain tax rules get charged 14% tax and others which get charged 10%. I need to be able to either set 2 tax rules and pick which one gets applied or have a field for a custom tax amount to be applied. Thank you.

Hi Tyson, thank you for your detailed response. Unfortunately I wasn't clear in my question, let me try to clarify.

All my customers live in same state. but based on their residence county they get taxed differently. I have some customers who due to certain tax rules get charged 14% tax and others which get charged 10%. I need to be able to either set 2 tax rules and pick which one gets applied or have a field for a custom tax amount to be applied. Thank you.

Make two tax rules:

1. State -> 10%

2. Sate 2 -> 14%