New Module Guidance

George A.

Question

Hello,

I wish to create a module that can do this:

A client orders a dedicated server and if he purchases a server setup product then I input his ssh login details in the admin area.

After I input his ssh root login details inside the server it is executed a bash script (after it gets to the clients server via wget) that would setup mysql, postfix, dovecot, nginx, csf, sphinx etc.

Basically what needs to have a server in order to host some sites.

I am not a cpanel fan because I do not like interfaces and I feel safer to work via command line.

But it is time consuming to setup every server and instead I wish to automate this procedure.

Basically what I need to know is how can I code this module to link the admin area of blesta to a clients server so I can run this script.

Kind regards,

George.

1 answer to this question

if you realy do not want to use a control panel, you can take inspiration from existing cpanel or interework blesta module to create your own using ssh, as it's will depend what king of provisionning you want, it's to create dedicate or virtual server or contenair & using what hosting provider or distro as backend ...

But if your users want to change later parameters, or resources, etc, you will be like writting a full control panel, that can be a big work, there are other control panel than cpanel, I personaly use webmin/virtualmin and it's very solid not like bugy cpanel that make make you not rely on a true linux distro.

I think most control panel, have a way you include script to run whem the virtual host is created, so it's not really in relation to a blesta customization, it's has just to be done at hosting control panel software.

I know there is project to make a webmin module for blesta, but other forum members was also very satified with interwork control panel, and not certain about it, but I think I was reading interworx have a way to include ssh script execution.