The Usual Eu Invoicing Questions: Calculate Tax When "not Taxable"

André P.

Hi,

I changed some files to fit EU laws, but there is one thing I cannot simply add with my poor programming skills.

Here in Germany we need to display our prices including taxes. I know I can just mark my package as "not taxble". This is working fine, too.

But I need to calculate and show the amount of tax in the total amount then, example:

I create a package, selling it for 8.40€, taxable (19% here):

- Product shows as 8.40€ (not allowed), Blesta adds tax after login @checkout/invoice only. This is too late. :-(

I create a package, selling it for 10€, not taxable:

- Product shows as 10€, but there is - logically - no tax on the invoice/checkout form.

This is fine for products less than 150€ (there is an exception for <= 150€ allowing us to just write something like "prices include 19% tax" on the invoice while NOT printing the amount of taxes).

Is there any way to calculate 19% of 10€ (as in aboves example) and print it while checking out and on the invoice? Like some crazy php programming? :-)

Hope you guys can help me.

Regards,

André

Hello andre.peters :)

Like you there are many people with the same problem. I have compile everithing we need to EU Invoicing in this post: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4368-lets-fix-blesta-eu-invoices-and-make-vatmoss-compatible-all-in-one-thread/

If you have any question or make more "pressur" to implement all these features please post all your questions and what you need in the "compiled EU invoicing forum"above ;)

This is fine for products less than 150€ (there is an exception for <= 150€ allowing us to just write something like "prices include 19% tax" on the invoice while NOT printing the amount of taxes).

Note that in other EU countries "simplified invoices" -aka cash register receipts- are only allowed for small purchases in retail stores, and not for distance sales.

Even if that does is allowed in Germany, you may still have a problem if you have a single foreign customer.