Support Manager Change Langauge?

kpmedia

Question

4 answers to this question

/plugins/support_manager/language/en_us/

^ This.

I want to edit support_manager_tickets.php but do not want it to be overwritten by updates. My "fix" for language issues has been to make up a new one.

So no more "en_us" (English, U.S.) for me. Nope, I'm using "en_tx" (English, Texan :P). TX is not official, but its working for the main Blesta. Now the issue is the plugins and others that have their own language files. I think Blesta messed up here, and ALL languages should have been in the main language folder. (That's how vBulletin works, something I'm far more familiar with coding.)

Where can the language be changed, so as not to be erased on update?

Another idea would be to allow an exclusions file for updates. Granted, that means more coding to later allow less coding, but some of this software just was not planned out very well. It's all getting to be spaghetti code by duplicating functions everywhere. (It reminds me of too many WordPress themes that have plugins outside of "plugins".)

I've already cloned en_us and made a new language. And I've already installed it in Blesta.

But what about the plugin languages? Those are not changing. They appear to have nothing to do with Blesta's main language options.

If the PLUGINS are supposed to also change, simply because the main language has changed, then I need to look at something else (cache?). However, given that it does give an error for a missing language, and still shows en_us, I'm somewhat doubting this is the case.

EDIT

It was a server cache issue. It appears that en_us is defaulted when another folder is not specified.

I still think it was a mistake to not have a central language file (db driven to vBulletin).

But at least the fallback is better than broken functionality.

Thanks naja. :)