Change Renewal Date

WebhostingNZ.com

Hey,

Blesta: 3.6.1

Modules: Tested in cPanel and 3rd Party Webdrive, both same result

When changing the renewal date back to the last renewed date the error returned displays the date as it is saved in the database, not converted into the timezone for the company which could be confusing for some.

As you can see in the image below, the error date and the date I set to renew are different.  The company this is happening on is in timezone GMT+13 currently.  In the database it always saves as a day previous to what is set.

BlestaError.JPG

EDIT: to get around this warning I just edit the renewal date in the database as the last renew date was set by an import script.

The error returned is converted from UTC to the server's current time. If you are 13 hours ahead of UTC then it's possible you could see the date in the error "off by a day" depending on the time of day you encounter the error. At other times it may appear the same. This discrepancy is fairly minor, as it only affects the date shown in the error message. It looks like the renew date in the field is shown correctly, which is more important.

The database stores all dates in UTC, and since you're 13 hours ahead, most of the date values will appear to be yesterday, because it is yesterday in UTC. And this is the expected normal behavior.

Hi Tyson,

I do understand why the error shows the date it does.  However you want Blesta to be used by everyone not just people who look into the database and understand large time differences.  I personally think this should be fixed to either show the date in the correct timezone for the company, or as a quick fix add the servers Timezone to the end of the error so people are aware that the error date is not the same timezone as they are in.

Without any change the date set IS greater than the last renew date as no timezones are shown on the page to clarify.