Mail To All Clients Feature Gone? Reimport Possible? (Blesta 2.5 -> 3.0)

wdfee

Question

Hello,

I've succesfully migrated from Blesta 2.5 to 3.0 now. Some questions:

1. Did you remove the feature to send an email to all clients? As I had to choose a different location for the 3.0 install, I've to inform all clients now about the new URL. And first I was happy about the client groups - but main use of that would have been for me to write an email per group...

2. After I imported the data from 2.5 I recognized that I have to manage all the settings manually, including e.g. email templates. (and that's a big point as I use another language.)

I'll need at least 1-2 days to configure the new blesta before I can use it, but clients are active on the old install. Can I import the data again when I finished configuring? Or will that break something or not work?

8 answers to this question

Do you have a old database before you imported?

Otherwise reissue your license install it in another folder get the database and download it.

Then drop the tables in the database, then import that in phpmyadmin.

Make sure everything is setup then import from 2.5 would be the best way to solve this in my opinion.

Then reissue the license and use your main install.

Deleting clients didn't work because there were open transactions.

I tried to make a new install and reissue the license, but that doesn't work. Reissue the license in first 3.0 install reloads the page when logged in, shows success when loggedout. But entering the license key on 2nd install stays on "The license key is invalid.", no matter what I do.

Yes, you're very right. Backing up the new install before importing would have been the cleverest way. :unsure:

I read your lines again carefully, now I was able to reset the main install. (forgot importing the 2nd into the 1st database, thought in wrong direction)

ok, I'll configure everything now, backing up before and after configuring - and then import from Blesta 2.5 (and back up again ;-) )

Thanks for your support!