Testing on Localhost

compositor

Question

Hi,

I am interested in the Blesta hosting and domain billing system however from reading the fourm, I believe I can test it locally in order to examine code.

My question therefore is, if I change my hostname from "localhost", would I be able to access it in a sub-folder, e.g. examplehost/blesta so I can login and look around?

I have looked at competing systems, and while they have a trial, and montly charges; the real issue is starting with the correct software since I have not found anything other than this that offers any promise so far that I can code at home and upload at a later time since if I was to purchase a lifetime license, I'd be wanting to integrate with an existing site so that the look for customers is consistent and able to be reworked namely CSS and additional HTML or removal of code when needed.

Does Blesta allow any of these things or is it like some kind of Wordpress where you are fighting against templates?

Further to my original question, I have read in the forum that your software can be installed via CPanel, so if after 30 days I have not fully evaluated, i.e. I am not billing anyone can a trial be extended? If possible, it would mean I'd not have to mess with localhost and would simpy need to pay for my hosting. I ask because my main focus is front end coding, otherwise I am happy to base a site around Blesta instead if that is an option as client websites (only one at present) are the true examples of my work and not the billing domain and website.

Regards

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, compositor said:

I have looked at competing systems, and while they have a trial, and montly charges; the real issue is starting with the correct software since I have not found anything other than this that offers any promise so far that I can code at home and upload at a later time since if I was to purchase a lifetime license, I'd be wanting to integrate with an existing site so that the look for customers is consistent and able to be reworked namely CSS and additional HTML or removal of code when needed.

Does Blesta allow any of these things or is it like some kind of Wordpress where you are fighting against templates?

blesta can integrate to any cms or html template.

Installing on localhost is fine, except that if you select to start a 30-day trial, it will fail with localhost. Email sales at blesta . com or PM me on the board and I'll issue you a trial license for that purpose. You may contact us as well, if you need more time on a trial.

Blesta is almost entirely open and well-written and can be easily integrated into your own design.

Hi,

I managed to add an entry for the hostname (I am using uniform server portable since I have no idea how to use virtual directories in Apache).

The package I use is AMPPS so if anyone has any information on configuring a virtual server for that, I will appreciate that but will happily go ahead with a standalone setup.

I've downloaded 3.6.2 but would I be able to try the beta instead?

Will send you a PM for a trial license key.

Thank you very much