License Management Module?

ezpnet

For example. You sell VPS/Dedicated servers. cPanel is an option. When the client makes a purchase with cpanel included/added on, you need to purchase a license and when the client cancels or whatever, you need to remove the license from your cPanel account.

I think this would be a great module for Blesta. (could easily be extended to several other licenses we resell)

For example. You sell VPS/Dedicated servers. cPanel is an option. When the client makes a purchase with cpanel included/added on, you need to purchase a license and when the client cancels or whatever, you need to remove the license from your cPanel account.

I think this would be a great module for Blesta. (could easily be extended to several other licenses we resell)

Will this be like a BuycPanel module mate? I like the sounds of that haha.

Never heard of buycpanel. I just looked them up, do you mean: https://www.buycpanel.com?

Why not just go through cpanel directly and get an account with them? Pricing is better with cpanel...

As cPanel has an API, I simply figured it should be rather easy to have cpanel licenses be managed via blesta. Client orders a vps with cpanel, blesta orders the cpanel license via cpanel api and provisions it. Client cancels, blesta cancels the license via cpanel API. Same could be done with softaculous, etc. Easy peasy. :)

Never heard of buycpanel. I just looked them up, do you mean: https://www.buycpanel.com?

Why not just go through cpanel directly and get an account with them? Pricing is better with cpanel...

As cPanel has an API, I simply figured it should be rather easy to have cpanel licenses be managed via blesta. Client orders a vps with cpanel, blesta orders the cpanel license via cpanel api and provisions it. Client cancels, blesta cancels the license via cpanel API. Same could be done with softaculous, etc. Easy peasy. :)

Oh you mean a module for direct purchases with cPanel :) sounds like a great idea.

Hey Cubicwebs, seriously why use buycpanel? I've been trying to figure it out. VPS pricing is a HUGE markup over going to cpanel direct. The dedicated licenses are the same price I pay with almost no cpanel dedicated licenses in my account. Cloudlinux is marked up... 

I'm confused, what's the benefit?

Hey Cubicwebs, seriously why use buycpanel? I've been trying to figure it out. VPS pricing is a HUGE markup over going to cpanel direct. The dedicated licenses are the same price I pay with almost no cpanel dedicated licenses in my account. Cloudlinux is marked up... 

I'm confused, what's the benefit?

I've just used them since 2010 and my mate used them in 2008.

Ahh I guess if you don't have $300/m in billing then it doesn't make sense to use cpanel directly.

Sorry, forgot about that.

http://cpanel.net/data-centers/become-a-partner-noc/

A direct cPanel reseller module would be good, but I could see a module that uses buycpanel.com work out a little better. Not only would there be no volume commitment, but we could include other software products that they offer.

Yah Paul, I can see that for the current majority market share of blesta users, a buycpanel integration would make more sense. TBH, I didn't even know such sites/services existed, I signed up with cpanel so long ago... guess perhaps another custom module I need to build. :/

Or you can sponsor development for one  ;)