0 Quantity But Still Orderable?

mdoering

Question

Hi all!

First off, this is a fantastic product... I'm loving the ease of administration, plugin/module integration, and everything else about blesta over our original platform (WHMCS)

I have a slight problem however, which is likely 100% user error...  I have entered some products which I want to be displayed but that are not yet available.  I have set the quantity to 0 but for some reason I'm still able to order (all the way through to payment, receiving an invoice, and having the service provisioned)  Is there any way to have something visible but "out of stock"?

Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

I'm assuming that setting an item to restricted also makes it disappear from the order form like setting it to inactive does?  Is there any way to have it visible but not orderable per my original question?  Being able to order a product that is at a quantity of 0 is a huge oversight... potentially a show stopper for our deployment... If we get to a 0 quantity on a product at 3am I don't want orders to continue to pile up that will require refunds to be sent out...

I'm assuming it's simple enough to determine if an item is out of stock when the page is rendered... when it makes the call to get the price it could also check quantity and if not greater than or equal to 1 then return a "Temporarily Sold Out" or other user configurable message instead of price and also hide or deactivate the "Select" button for that item...

I'm assuming that setting an item to restricted also makes it disappear from the order form like setting it to inactive does?  Is there any way to have it visible but not orderable per my original question?  Being able to order a product that is at a quantity of 0 is a huge oversight... potentially a show stopper for our deployment... If we get to a 0 quantity on a product at 3am I don't want orders to continue to pile up that will require refunds to be sent out...

I'm assuming it's simple enough to determine if an item is out of stock when the page is rendered... when it makes the call to get the price it could also check quantity and if not greater than or equal to 1 then return a "Temporarily Sold Out" or other user configurable message instead of price and also hide or deactivate the "Select" button for that item...

Not sure mate, maybe it's a bug and the 0 should show a error or you could open a feature request because I'm sure loads would love to see this mate.

It was good chatting with you. I have not yet attempted to replicate the issue, but Mike said he was able to confirm it so I added it to task CORE-782, tentatively scheduled for a 3.0.4 patch. I wanted to update this thread to reference it publicly and we will try to respond here once the issue is confirmed and resolved.

Thanks again Paul.  One other thing... would it be possible to have a user defined message when stock reaches 0?  Some items may be temporarily unavailable while others may have been limited quantity one-time deals... Having the flexibility to specify the message per-package where you set quantity would be great...

Thanks again Paul.  One other thing... would it be possible to have a user defined message when stock reaches 0?  Some items may be temporarily unavailable while others may have been limited quantity one-time deals... Having the flexibility to specify the message per-package where you set quantity would be great...

I believe the original intention was for the package to simply become unavailable on the order form once the quantity has been exhausted. A predefined message indicating a package has sold out might be a good idea, but this would be more of a feature than a bug fix since it's not what was intended.

We are happy to consider such an option.