Invoice Delivery Methods

mrrsm

I am attempting to add another delivery method for a different fax provider (MetroFax).

I currently have it setup as a drop-in replacement of the interfax method but I feel like to properly integrate it I have to edit a lot of the "core" files so I could (in theory) use either interfax or metrofax.

Is there a way for me to add another fax method without having to modify the core files which could break on an upgrade?

No, there currently is no way to add additional delivery methods without updating core files. Providing a way for plugins to setup their own delivery methods would be ideal, but would require a lot of refactoring and abstraction to be added before that would be feasible.

Someone did release vQmod for Blesta, however, which if implemented correctly, may allow you to include MetroFax without updating core code. I have not used vQmod for Blesta, but I have found it works pretty well for other software.

It's likely we will make the delivery methods modular in the future, as there is at least 1 other method we are planning to implement. So, if you don't need interfax now, I suggest simply replacing it with your metrofax implementation. You can refactor your code later once it's modular and then have support for both.