Importing From 2.5.4 Assistance

velaware

Question

So, here's the story.  When v3.0.0 was released I plopped it onto a live environment that wasn't seeing the day of light.  I got everything installed, imported all of my data from 2.5.4 from that point and was happy.

Since then I've made various changes (i.e.: added templates, edited some settings, etc...).  However, I still have 2.5.4 installed where it was needed as I couldn't migrate everyone over just yet.  What I'm wondering is if there's a way to import the data again from 2.5.4 into 3.0.0 without causing any conflicts, or what I would have to do?  I really don't want to have to re-install 3.0 because of the work I made, but if its the only option I will.

15 answers to this question

You can do so by installing the v3. (Feel free to move the v2.5 files to another folder, as you only need the config.php).

In the inc/config.php file you need the AESKEY

/* Setting up the Blesta v3.0.3 */

Ok so Install v3 (30 day trial or the owned- / monthly- key) and install it on a FRESH database (Keeping your old one un-touched).

/* Installing plugins needed for a smooth import */

Then set it all up (Install the support manager plugin & Import manager plugin).

/* Time to do the import from 2.5 ---> 3.0.3 */

Then go to Settings > Plugins > Import Manager.

Then click on the 2.5 link.

Database Host: localhost

Database Name: username_blesta2.5

Database User: username_blesta2.5

Database Password: password_for_database

AESKEY: Key from the inc/config.php

Replace the above with the Blesta 2.5 Database information.

Then follow the information on the import (Create the packages automatically or you can match them [Matching means making them on Blesta 3.0 and then selecting them from the dropdown boxes to match the old ones])

Hope it helps. 

In a way it does, but I already imported the data once, but I've had new invoices, tickets, etc... created since then so I don't know if the import would fail due to the data already existing or if it'd just continue on.

I'd remove your v3 database / install and re-install and re-import as you've got new data it would spit errors out. However before you do so, ensure your v2.5.4 has been put into Maintenance so no orders can go though it haha.

They're from the color selector

The best suggestion I can offer here, is move your current v3 to another folder (then re-issue the license).

Then install a fresh v3 install using the trial. Get the style copied over from the other v3, and then re-issue the license / to your new location, update the key and then do the fresh import.

The best suggestion I can offer here, is move your current v3 to another folder (then re-issue the license).

Then install a fresh v3 install using the trial. Get the style copied over from the other v3, and then re-issue the license / to your new location, update the key and then do the fresh import.

Are the ones from the selector stored in the table "themes"?  If so then couldn't I export the data and just reimport it on the clean install?  Or is the data's encryption specific to an install?

Are the ones from the selector stored in the table "themes"?  If so then couldn't I export the data and just reimport it on the clean install?  Or is the data's encryption specific to an install?

I wouldn't know mate, sorry I don't touch my database without the developers telling me it's safe as I could muck something up and loose business. 

To be safe, you will need to import your data into a fresh 3.0.3 install. Install with a trial key, and keep your other v3 install up and running. Then run down and compare the two after you import your data, and update the themes, email templates, and other settings with the changes you have made. Having them side by side should help.

To be safe, you will need to import your data into a fresh 3.0.3 install. Install with a trial key, and keep your other v3 install up and running. Then run down and compare the two after you import your data, and update the themes, email templates, and other settings with the changes you have made. Having them side by side should help.

How would I go about re-issuing the key?  Should I change the key in the new install first then update it via the Philips Data side, or do it on the PD side first then update the key in my install?

Right, but should I do that before or after assigning the key to the new install?

If you enter the key, and it complains, then you know it's time to re-issue it. Generally if you're doing a new install and it's not a fresh key, when it asks you for the key, that's the time to do the re-issue.

I suggest doing the new install and selecting the 30 day free trial, because then you'll have both a trial, and your official keys allowing you to run 2 copies of v3 side by side.

Once your new install is done and migrated and ready to go live, re-issue your official key and plug it in under Settings > System > General > License Key