Mysql Import Passwords

Evaske

Question

6 answers to this question

You need to enable legacy password support in config/blesta.php http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Configuration

Blesta 2 uses MD5 passwords for user accounts. Blesta 3.0 uses bcrypted HMAC SHA 256 passwords. Enabling legacy support allows clients with imported MD5 passwords to login.. and once they do, they are converted to the new password format.

We suggest enabling legacy password support, and then disabling it after a reasonable amount of time.

You need to enable legacy password support in config/blesta.php http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Configuration

Blesta 2 uses MD5 passwords for user accounts. Blesta 3.0 uses bcrypted HMAC SHA 256 passwords. Enabling legacy support allows clients with imported MD5 passwords to login.. and once they do, they are converted to the new password format.

We suggest enabling legacy password support, and then disabling it after a reasonable amount of time.

What about when I exported my Blesta 3 passwords. Are these MD5 or as Tyson said simply a case of me changing a system key so that the 3.0 export works on a new import.

Is this value stored in the database anywhere so I can see what it was on the old installation?

What about when I exported my Blesta 3 passwords. Are these MD5 or as Tyson said simply a case of me changing a system key so that the 3.0 export works on a new import.

Is this value stored in the database anywhere so I can see what it was on the old installation?

If you originally imported from 2.5, the passwords as stored in Blesta 3 will be the same MD5 hashes unless/until the user logs in and the password is updated. If you look at the users table, password field, it should be pretty obvious which passwords are MD5 and which are not. MD5 passwords are 16 byte, and will appear shorter than new passwords.

If you originally imported from 2.5, the passwords as stored in Blesta 3 will be the same MD5 hashes unless/until the user logs in and the password is updated. If you look at the users table, password field, it should be pretty obvious which passwords are MD5 and which are not. MD5 passwords are 16 byte, and will appear shorter than new passwords.

Hey Paul,

Exported from 3.0. Never had 2.5