Solusvm Module Provisioning Bugs

Alex

About half the time I add a service for a client in the admin interface using the SolusVM module, I get this error:

An internal error occurred, or the server did not respond to the request.

And then, about half the time I get that error (say roughly 25% of my usage) I get that error IN ADDITION to a dump above the header in the Blesta admin interface that goes something like this:

Error parsing XML string

(Don't have this one handy, so I am paraphrasing, but this should be fairly close)

Some more info:

When I get the error(s) above, the odd part is that the client VPS still gets deployed in SolusVM just fine, however Blesta does not generate a service for it nor send the client the package welcome mail. So, I usually just click "Add Service" again and it goes trough fine almost every time I try again, but we end up with a duplicate VPS that I have to manually delete... quite weird.

It sounds like Blesta is receiving a malformed XML response from SolusVM, or no response at all. What's in the Module Log when this occurs?

Actually, the module log doesn't show any errors. SolusVM seems to think everything went fine, and it builds the VPS correctly. But, Blesta seems to think things failed.

Is there an output log for every input log? In the case of the "Error parsing XML string" error, the output may not have been logged due to the error. And if Blesta didn't receive a response from the module, then clearly it wouldn't have a response to log. In any case, it seems rather intermittent.

I know with Plesk, it's possible that immediately after a service is added via the API, Plesk may restart the server before sending a response back to Blesta, which creates the service in Plesk but never notifies Blesta that it was successful, causing a timeout. I wonder if something like that may be happening with SolusVM in this case.

Not experiencing this issue myself, I can only suggest to log responses from SolusVM to a file and check for invalid XML.

• 6 months later...

A recent fix for CORE-1198 for v3.2.0-b2 may have addressed this issue. SolusVM's XML responses do not encode characters like &, <, >, causing the XML interpreter to fail. SolusVM should format their XML properly, but we may be supporting the new JSON responses from SolusVM in the future to avoid issues like this.

I'm going to close this thread as fixed/outdated. Please create a new thread if you continue to experience a similar issue.